Complaint Review: Petland of Novi

• Updated: Thu, October 31, 2013

• Reported By: Amie877 — Waterford Michigan
Petland of Novi
Novi, Michigan USA

Petland of Novi Sold me a mini bulldog and come to find out he is bulldog/boxer/red bone coon hound Novi Michigan

I purchased a puppy from PETLAND in NOVI, MICHIGAN.

He was suppose to be a Mini Bulldog (bulldog/pug).  My dog ended up having kennel cough for 4 months, mange, and had a seizer all within the first year.

He looks nothing like a mini bulldog nor is he the right size so I decieded to have a DNA test done.  The test came back that Dozer is Bulldog/Boxer/Red Bone Coonhound!!!

I have contacted Petland who told me they cant help me and I need to deal with the claims dept.

This is what the claims dept has to say - "ALL dogs tested would show markers that other breeds carry. There is NO truly PURE dog breed as all dogs originate from the same place but how they have been mixed differs for a lack of a better way to describe. There is no indicator that your pet is not what it should be. There is no way to guarantee size of a pet as genetics can produce an anomalie. [continued below]....

........ similarly to two brown haired parents producing a child with red hair.... it happens... I hope that i have answered your questions but please feel free to ask anything additonally that you wish to know. I am here for support!

REALLY SUPPORT? - They have sold a dog that did not come with any history like they said, he was not healthy, and now I find out he is not the breed that they claimed!?!?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2013 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petland-of-Novi/Novi-Michigan-48377/Petland-of-Novi-Sold-me-a-mini-bulldog-and-come-to-find-out-he-is-bulldogboxerred-bone-1096031. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petland of Novi