Complaint Review: Petro Lube

• Updated: Thu, October 17, 2013

• Reported By: back stabed AGM — Austin Arkansas
Petro Lube
3205 Valentine Rd North Little Rock , Arkansas USA

Petro Lube Travel Centers of America Was fired by Steve Burns (FM) for standing up for a African American I am Causain North Little Rock Arkansas

I was a AGM at Petro-Lube in North Little Rock AR. I was at work on a the pm shift and had a driver call on of my tech all kinds of names and told him, that they could go outside and he would whoop his black a*s . the tech told him if thats what you we can go outside. The driver went back into the office and when I arrived back at the shop the drivers  iwords to me where I pissed off one of your little techs. The tech finished the and waited for the driver to leave before going back out to the shop.

A FM standing in for FM was called and talked to the employee and myself. After the phone call everything was ok, until our FM came back from vacation and the tech was fired he and of African American desent as the first FM to handle the problem. The FM that fired the tech was white. I was fired for standing up for this tech the next week. That is what I was told because of what happen with the tech the week before. I feel that Petro-Lube will fire you for a. I was told anything, so if you work for Petro-lube watch you back. I was told this three weeks before I was fired for standing up for an employee.

I would not advise working for Petro-Lube Travels Centers of America. This has also happen in the travel store firing the older employee's and hire young people espcially women. They show a pattern of firing women over 40 for younger firm women ie under 25. This  is done after they have recieved a raise and this leads me to believe that they were not terminated for lack of knowledge of the job or any complaints against them, but simply because they where seasoned in life.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2013 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petro-Lube/North-Little-Rock-Arkansas-72114/Petro-Lube-Travel-Centers-of-America-Was-fired-by-Steve-Burns-FM-for-standing-up-for-a-1092763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petro Lube