Complaint Review: Petsmart

• Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: Heatherg05 — Surprise Arizona
Petsmart
13764 w bell rd Surprise , Arizona USA

Petsmart Hateful Inexperienced Groomers I wouldn't wish upon anyone Surprise Arizona

*Author of original report: You questions answered

*Consumer Comment: Observation..

*Author of original report: The "experience"

*Consumer Comment: Why?

This will be my last visit to this store , whether for grooming, veterinary services or dog food. I had a bad feeling about leaving my pomeranian for her appt and if it weren't before petsmart opening hours, I would have asked to stay. She is a cheerful, good natured girl of 4 yrs. She was coming in for a bath and a nail clipping, nothing else. $37 later (for a bath and a nail trim?!) and my girl with a depressed behavior,

I began to look at her paws. She has random chunk snips of hair gone, not at all a "sanitary trim" but done randomly. There was No sanitary trim done at all, which was mentioned. Our girl has been in a daze all day, having us question if she was given something or was just miserable during her visit. She normally greets me with a jump to pick her up and when I came to get her, she headed straight for the door, she clearly wanted out.

When I dropped her off, there was an overweight, annoyed groomer complaining she had to be at work instead of at the races with her husband. She looked disgusted to be at work and kept talking loudly about it. It was not a welcoming environment and no one greeted my dog. I come to get her and said groomer is working on an elderly long haired small breed. The dog turns its head to see me and she angrily snaps at her "she is not going to rescue you! DO NOT move your head I swear" and anyone could clearly tell she had a calm dog. I would NOT want my dog spoken to or handled by that "woman."

The first time we went for a nail trim and were encouraged to get her nails painted. I obliged. The lady came out to tell me that the paint wasnt a good idea and they had gotten it over her fur. And it's to be expected w furry paws. She said, go home and let it dry and you can pick it off.  What ?!? It was so busy and I was mortified so I paid and wanted out of there. She  had pink polish in her tail. I felt like a bad pet parent.  I took her home and have her a bath and got it all out. I attempted the paint myself and she sat patiently and it went on smoothly. What was their problem. ?!

This morning once I handed her over, the girl says "oh, I remember her from the nailpolish fiasco !" Which was well over 6 months ago... What does that tell you ? Such a negative experience. I am sitting with our girl with her nails (still long even tho I had to pay $12 more for grinding?" And they really look no different to any of us. She is upset and out of it. And she now has paws with awkward hair chips chopped out. Is this customer service ? I would not recommend to anyone and do not feel any of this was worth the time and money. Cannot believe such people want to work with animals.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2014 09:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petsmart-/Surprise-Arizona-85375/Petsmart-Hateful-Inexperienced-Groomers-I-wouldnt-wish-upon-anyone-Surprise-Arizona-1138600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petsmart

You questions answered

AUTHOR: Heatherg05 - ()

I went once previously for a nail trim which is when they did the add on for the polish. I s/w management explaining I was not looking for a refund, just providing what happened and they agreed that the appropriate thing they should have done was clean her up and explain it was not possible. You don't just hand her back with cut nails and pink polish in her fur and Tail. I don't normally need them for grooming, but our mobile groomer recently passed away. I explained that it would  just be for nails normally but she played in irrigation water at our families farm and needed a bath.  I prefer doing that at home but we have company and I didn't want to take over the bathroom. The intake woman said she understood and she would be ready in a few hours.

I have left messages for a return call from management. Today I receibed an email from customer service--stating I would have a return call in a couple days.

I am entitled to share my poor experience there and hopefully have answered any questions you have. She IS my baby and it is not unreasonable to ask that the actions/behavior/attitude of this one groomer in particular be looked at and addressed. I domy know what kind of person would waste their time posting and responding if they hadnt done their due diligence on their end but I can assure you I am not that person.

Observation..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Okay just to make a point you seem to be totally missing.

You say it is your fault for not just turning around and walking away..yes but you did this MULTIPLE times.  If this is your "baby" and you want the best, then why do you keep taking her back there?

Either you don't care for your "baby" as much as you say, they are not as bad as you are trying to make them out to be, or you are just too lazy to find another place to go to.  Or perhaps a combination of all of those.

By the way when you did "reach out" to the management what did they say?

The "experience"

AUTHOR: Heatherg05 - ()

This "dog" is my baby.  I do not normally take her there and after the nailpolish issue, I knew I would not be agreeing to any of their add ones. ..

Not one of the other issues was addressed by you. Do you think as part of a national company, it is acceptable to have a grooming facility act as if they don't want to be there and that the dogs are bothering them? There was nothing comforting about that place and my fault is that i did not turn around and walk away. I am not someone who is easily rattled and I do not throw complaints around with a light heart. I work with cancer patients and I know that people have bad days and act and say things that don't reflect who they normally are.

My girl was not herself after that visit. Her choppy paws , behavior, actions of the groomer, and the $$ for such a bad experience resonated with me. I did reach out to PetsMart. I feel that re-education of what is appropriate would help their area and I don't want the bad experience going unnoticed. When you treat your pets like family members, you expect the same care and regard in your absence, right?

Why?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Why if your dog hates this place so much, it is so overpriced, and they don't do a good job.  Why do YOU keep going back?

- It says that for them to remember this specific "incident" over 6 months ago that things like what ever that incident was it doesn't happen that often and you are not telling the entire story.

So what is the rest of the story?