grown

Complaint Review: Petsmart, Petsmart Grooming & Banfield Animal Hospital

• Submitted: Mon, March 29, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 29, 2010

• Reported By: Amber — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania U.S.A.
Petsmart, Petsmart Grooming & Banfield Animal Hospital
Monaca, Pennsylvania United States of America

Petsmart, Petsmart Grooming & Banfield Animal Hospital Bad Grooming Monaca, Pennsylvania

I went to have my dog groomed which I have been taking him to Petsmart for almost 3 years.  I decided that this year I wanted his hair a bit shorter than his normal tip trim on his body.  So I discussed with the groomer that I wanted him shaved.  We discussed how long I wanted his coat and what size blade to use and I left.  When I got back to pick him up, he was almost completely bald besides his legs, head and tail!  This was NOT what was agreed upon or decided.  My dog has an undercoat that I know should not be shaved off.  I didn't want the undercoat touched.  My fiancee called the next day, because they were closing, and spoke to the Store Manager.  He told him that we would need to talk to the grooming manager and he would leave her a note to call us on Monday, today, but what they can do is either refund us the price of the groom or offer us a free grooming. [continued below]....

.....  It was our choice.

So the grooming manager called me today and she had me livid.  She stated that she talked to the groomer and the groomer stated that she explained everything in detail to me that there was really nothing to do because I signed the consent form.  I told her that first off, if she explained how my dog would look I would've never signed the consent form to have him basically bald!  She also stated that they normally don't shave dogs like him because of his undercoat, which I stated I know all about undercoats and I preceeded to say that maybe she should've stated that undercoats should not be shaved.  The woman proceeded to offer me 50% off of grooming and I told her that was not offered to us the day before and that we were offered either a refund of the grooming or a free groom.  She talked to the store manager and now he is saying that yes he said that ONLY if they found fault with the groomer which they did not, but she offered me a free grooming.  I told her I wanted my money back because I was not going to take him back there to get groomed and she refused to refund.  I'm so angry and I want my money back.  The way I got my dog and what was said was not the same thing.  Anyone else had this problem?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2010 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Petsmart-Petsmart-Grooming-Banfield-Animal-Hospital/Monaca-Pennsylvania-/Petsmart-Petsmart-Grooming-Banfield-Animal-Hospital-Bad-Grooming-Monaca-Pennsylvani-586945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Petsmart, Petsmart Grooming & Banfield Animal Hospital