Complaint Review: PG&E

• Submitted: Tue, February 13, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 13, 2007

• Reported By:Magalia California
PG&E
PG&E.com Magalia, California U.S.A.

PG&E Am I getting ripped off? Magalia California

I am a single dissabiled retired machinist and my PG&E has gone up 400% in the last two years. I have complained numerous times to them . They say that my useage has gone from the allotted amount of just over 1000 kwtz per month to over 3000 kwtz per month. when in the last year I have replaced my water heater to a miser 12 energy star water heater and a new Maytag energy star refridgerator.

I live in a double wide mobil with my 19 year old daughter who is only home at the most three days a week. I made the mistake last month of setting my heater at 60 degrees and my bill went to 1400 dollars. I have turned off my water heater and heater> I am now heating with kerosene and I have no hot water. If my bill is still high somthing has to be wronge with the meter.

The heater is only a year old replaced last feb. I have no other appliances just TV computer and lights. Three years ago my bills in the summer ran about 90 bucks and about 180 in the winter with my heater on. They say that there can't be anything wronge with the meter. Do they calibrate these meters? I shut off my main breaker at the meter and the meter still runs very slowly what does this mean? I think there ripping me off.

David
Magalia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2007 12:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PGE/Magalia-California-95954/PGE-Am-I-getting-ripped-off-Magalia-California-235756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PG&E