Complaint Review: phantomplate.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 07, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, February 10, 2013

• Reported By: dand1001 — ANAHEIM California United States of America
phantomplate.com
P.O.BOX 61212 HARRISBURG, PA 17106 harrisburg, Pennsylvania United States of America

phantomplate.com Photo Shield license plate cover also is a scam. I bought one and you can photograph your license plate same with or without the plastic cover. Waste of money and you will notice they DO NOT offer a m harrisburg, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Serves you right

*Author of original report: UPDATE to my "photo shield does not work"

*General Comment: The Cute Thing

I purchased the license plate shield, installed it, and then photographed my license plate with a flash on my camera. License plate is completely readable. No glare whatsoever. There is NO offer of a money-back guarantee, so that should have told me something, also had I checked HERE first I would have been forewarned. All these products are just scams- snake oil. Even some of the news reports if you follow enough links- will tell you it doens't work, but the ones they point out say it does. I don't think anything you can do about it- You can't make a federal case out of a $25 ripoff- but you can warn others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 04:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/phantomplatecom/harrisburg-Pennsylvania-/phantomplatecom-Photo-Shield-license-plate-cover-also-is-a-scam-I-bought-one-and-you-ca-1010226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on phantomplate.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Serves you right

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

So, you are trying to break the law in at least two ways: obscuring your license plate (illegal; a $250 fine in CA), and presumably running red lights (which is also extremely dangerous).  Somehow, I don't see the problem here.  Learn to drive and stop running red lights, and then you won't have a need for such a product.

UPDATE to my "photo shield does not work"

AUTHOR: dand1001 - (United States of America)

I made ONE LAST attempt to see if there is any validity to the photo shield product. As I stated, when photographed DIRECTLY it shows completely clearly, even from a side angle it still clearly identifies the license number. Numbers transposed in the photos to protect identity. Captions FAIL, will not upload if there is anything in caption box. I have been unable to find an angle where the photo shield will conceal the license number, and I made several tries. Their ad fails to offer a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied, THIS IS WHY.

#3 General Comment

The Cute Thing

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

is that if it did work you ar on the hook for a ticket for obscuring your licence plate. A law in every Jurisdiction in North America. $450.00 fine where I live