Complaint Review: PHH Mortgage

• Submitted: Mon, August 10, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 10, 2009

• Reported By:Bartlett Tennessee
PHH Mortgage
PO Box 5452 Mount Laurel, New Jersey U.S.A.

PHH Mortgage Bad News Chapter 13 Bankruptcy and PHH trying to make us go into foreclosure Mount Laurel New Jersey

My dealings with PHH have been nothing but wasted time and frustration. My Ex husband filed chap 13 bankruptcy in Mar 2008. We were not behind on house payment. Continued to make house payment. Spouse did let mortgage slip behind by about 15 days.
Since divorce I have moved back into house, and when I tried to get a coupon book sent to me (I have a blank one) I was told by the broken english speaking Indians that my house was in bankruptcy and I could not get a coupon book. After, speaking with supervisor I was able to speak to someone in New Jersey who told me that my house was in bankruptcy and I could only make a payment via phone. And if I did not pay on the 1st of the month a fee would be incurred starting on the second. This was not a late fee I was told but a processing fee. I asked what if I sent additional money for escrow account? I was told it would be placed in a holding account as it could not be put towards escrow. Also, the reason they could not send a printed coupon book is that they (PHH) could not ask for money from us since the house was in bankruptcy.
Since chapter 13 is for unsecured debt not secured debt PHH should not even be involved. However, according to the person I spoke with who gave me a law office to contact they have a post partition that neither my ex, his lawyer or I are aware of. Sounds kinda fishy to me. Remember, I did not file chapter 13 only the ex spouse.
I am current on my mortgage, but without an updated coupon book and the inability to make additional payments, my escrow account will fall short. I think this is where PHH is sucking people dry and needs to be investigated. I too am interested in a civil law suit..

It sounds like PHH is trying to find and use people who may be down on their luck and make things harder for them.

Fed up in tn

Bartlett, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2009 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PHH-Mortgage/Mount-Laurel-New-Jersey-08054/PHH-Mortgage-Bad-News-Chapter-13-Bankruptcy-and-PHH-trying-to-make-us-go-into-foreclosure-478299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PHH Mortgage