Complaint Review: Philadelphia water department

• Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: Trish — PHILADELPHIA Pennsylvania
Philadelphia water department
1101 Market St #5, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Philadelphia water department The battery in my water meter went bad and when they changed it they charged me $1900. extra on my bill and said I have to pay it or have my water shut off. Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Me

I recently had my water pipes replaced, and they also replaced my water meter in my home. A few months later I received a adjustment on my bill adding on $1900. to pay. I called and after a 251 minute wait they told me that the battery on my meter went bad and they are estimating my water usage and my bill. I argued that I didn't know the battery was bad and they said it didn't matter that I have to pay or they will shut my water off. How do they estimate it in the first place? I told the lady she can't take a guess based on the past few months due to my layoff. No one was barely home before my layoff and now I'm home everyday all day. She said that did not matter and would not change the amount.

How do I fight this? I'm on unemployment and it's bad enough the pipes went bad and they charged me $4000. to replace now they're adding on extra. This is outragious. Please Help

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 02:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Philadelphia-water-department/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19107/Philadelphia-water-department-The-battery-in-my-water-meter-went-bad-and-when-they-change-1047551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Philadelphia water department

Please Contact Me

AUTHOR: Water Esq. - ()

I'm an attorney with the Water Department and this complaint came up through my Google Notifier. I handle appeals of the exact type of situation that you mention all the time on behalf of PWD and can help you figure out the appeal process and next steps. If you could please email this address (with the slashes removed) with a numberat which I can reach you I will walk you through the procedure s/a/m.r/o/b/i/n/s/o/n@/p/h/i/l/a/./g/o/v Sorry for the paranoia on the email address, I get enough spam already! hope to hear from you soon.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC