Complaint Review: philip Mowbray

• Submitted: Sun, December 18, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, December 18, 2011

• Reported By: Disabled Ebay Victim — Kelowna British Columbia United States of America
philip Mowbray
MILESTONE HOUSE LOUTH ROAD WEST ASHBY HORNACASTLE, Select State/Province United Kingdom

philip Mowbray MOWBRAYP9@aol.com Philip Mowbray willfully committed Internet fraud of 1,150.00 by frustrating return of defective item by refusing to accept return item from customs and by purposely misleading a Pay pal investigati HORNACASTLE, United Kingdom

Philip Mowbray committed internet fraud when he sold a defective used Otto Bock C-Leg (micro-processor controlled artificial limb) on Ebay . Otto Bock C-Leg Item# 110689654012   1,150.00 GBP Shipping and handling 40.00 GBP
Payment  1,190.00 GBP

I had the unit  tested and confirmed non-functional by an Otto Bock C-Leg trained Certified Prosthetist. Philip Mowbray  mislead the Pay Pal investigation by stating the unit he sold had been tampered with. He further frustrated the return process by refusing to answer a request from customs to pick up the returned unit. I am a trained technical prosthetist and long time user of the C-leg. I also was a sales representative for Otto Bock health care for 10 years. I knew exactly what questions to ask Philip to determine functionality.

He replied:
Hi
No problem, no oil leaks of any kind anywhere on the leg. The leg came back from its service and by that time I was sold on the Ossur unit so placed the leg upright in the cupboard in its tube which is where it has been. I was contacted by the prosthetic firm who I use over here, as Bock wanted the unit back as part of a product recal so it got shipped off for that and then returned to the cupboard! The second function was also fully working and I think if memory serves me correct I had it set so it goes totaly loose for cycling. Yes the leg looks shabby from wear but its function is as it should be.

Hope that helps, anything else drop me a line. 1150 including the p&p and I'll get it sent tomorrow by DHL.
philmow76

In my opinion PayPal shares responsibility for this internet fraud by conducting a flawed investigation and releasing the money to Philip before fully gathering the information which corroborated my claim. They stated a Canada post tracking number was invalid when it was indeed valid. Later they ruled in my favor but instructed me to deal with the seller. Philip ignored requests from UK customs to pick up the returned item. Canada post eventually returned the defective unit to me months later.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2011 11:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/philip-Mowbray/HORNACASTLE-Select-StateProvince-LN9-5PS/philip-Mowbray-MOWBRAYP9aolcom-Philip-Mowbray-willfully-committed-Internet-fraud-of-11-811153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on philip Mowbray