Complaint Review: Phoenix extended care

• Updated: Sun, September 22, 2013

• Reported By: carinlynchin — hillsville Virginia
Phoenix extended care
6303 Blue Lagoon Drive, Suite 225 miami, Florida USA

Phoenix extended care Rip off company --- wouldn't refund when I requested. miami Florida

This warranty was added to my vehicle at first with the statement that it was good for one year. After about one month, I made a claim...which they denied. The repair work cost me over 300 dollars. (after having paid the warranty company 1500).

Immediately I called to cancel since I thought why pay for this if they aren't covering something major (which was a bad throttle sensor...I couldn't get over 15 mph). They said that I wasn't allowed to cancel, I had to go through my lien holder which was American Credit Acceptance. I tried and tried to contact the person there and never heard back. After a few months went by I decided I wasn't going to give up, I called Phoenix again...same response...I probably called 3 times or so after that...when finally this representative who was not the "person in charge of warranty" said she knew which form I needed and emailed it to me. After getting the form and submitting it, I finally heard back from the "person who was in charge of warranty" (mind you, this is the financing company. [continued below]....

.......not the warranty company.

After speaking with her I was upset to find out that my warranty was only good for 24000 miles...which wasn't told to me. I have called multiple times trying to get my full refund but have only received 600 of the original 1500. I requested the actual contract which is in Phoenix warranty's name and carefully read and looked over it. The actual contract I signed had no indication of mileage nor years on it. So I called and stated that the contract, since it wasn't accurate, was essentially void and requested a full refund again....and again no avail. These people take the money, never provide the coverage...or they do after a fight (as I've read on ripoff reports). Then they make it close to IMPOSSIBLE to cancel it...after which when you finally get through to someone .... (even if I had known about the mileage) the mileage has increased on your vehicle. I have had to come out of pocket for my vehicle about 550 dollars....now why all that if I paid for warranty...its ridiculous and a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2013 08:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phoenix-extended-care/miami-Florida-33126/Phoenix-extended-care-Rip-off-company-wouldnt-refund-when-I-requested-miami-Florida-1086542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phoenix extended care