Complaint Review: Phonehog.com

• Submitted: Tue, June 29, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, July 21, 2004

• Reported By:Roswell New Mexico
phonehog.com Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Phonehog.com Scam operation Boca Raton Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: PhoneHog.com--A Reputable Company That Has Rewarded Its Members With More Than 100 Million Free Minutes During The Past 5 Years

I also signed up as a member with Phonehog.com. Many of the minutes I earned were never posted. I requested assistance via email with Phonehog.com but only received canned responses.

There final response was that I had more than one account using different email addresses. There are three computers in our home. Each member has their own account with our ISP. There is nothing in their by-laws that states each member, having their own computer and email address, cannot have membership with phonehog.com.

As for their responding to members. They don't respond, they ignore unless you back them in a corner by the member writing to their advertisers explaining what Phonehog is pulling. Then, and only then, do you receive a real response.

Roswell, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2004 03:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Phonehogcom/Boca-Raton-Florida-33434/Phonehogcom-Scam-operation-Boca-Raton-Florida-96982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Phonehog.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Phil Nadel - (U.S.A.)

My name is Phil Nadel. I am the President of PhoneHog.com. I was disappointed to hear of the dissatisfaction and frustration of one of our members. Unfortunately, I cannot identify Fred's account without his email address, so I am unable to comment specifically about his situation. He can write to me personally at Phil@PhoneHog.com and I will be glad to look into his account and rectify any problems.

However, I would like to respond to Fred's general statements about PhoneHog. PhoneHog.com has been in business for 5 years. We have more than 3.5 million members and we have rewarded our members with more than 100 million free long distance minutes. We reward thousands and thousands of minutes every day when members take advantage of free and discount offers and shop at their favorite online stores. We reward our members based on reports we receive from our advertisers. If a member registers for a particular offer using fraudulent or invalid information, the advertiser will not report the transaction to PhoneHog. As a result, we would not be able to credit our member. Also, we identify members by their email addresses. So if a member takes advantage of an offer using an email address that is different from the one we have on record, we will have no way of crediting his account.

PhoneHog.com is a completely free service. There is nothing to buy and no credit card required. We have a dedicated member support department that personally answers all questions and inquiries from our members within 1 business day. We do NOT use canned or generic responses. Every inquiry is answered individually.

Since PhoneHog is 100% advertiser supported, we can only allow each person to have one account. This insures that our advertisers are getting unique, unduplicated and valid responses to their offers. Unfortunately, some members have signed up for PhoneHog multiple times. We need to protect our advertisers (after all, they are the ones paying for the free long distance minutes) and we cannot allow this type of activity. It is a clear violation of our Membership Agreement. Our technology detects this type of fraud and prevents it. In Fred's case, it is possible that our system identified 3 registrations from the same IP address, combined with other factors, as a potential violation of our Membership Agreement.

I look forward to hearing from Fred personally so I can address his specific situation. In addition, I encourage any of our members to contact me directly at Phil@PhoneHog.com with any questions or comments.

Thank you.