Complaint Review: Physicians Life Insurance Company

• Updated: Fri, April 09, 2010

• Reported By: Shelley — Sarasota Florida United States of America
Physicians Life Insurance Company
2600 Dodge St Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

Physicians Life Insurance Company misled policy holder--flim flam--not accountable Omaha, Nebraska

*General Comment: buying insurance

My husband purchased a $10,000 life insurance policy in 1999.  In 2003, he double the life insurance to $20,000.  I found several policies dated November 2003.  I found notes from my husband explaining that he doubled the insurance to $20,000.  The payment slips went from $319 every six months to $344 every six months.    When I tried to cash in the policies in 2009, the insurance company claimed that he had $10,000 in life insurance and the other policy was "accident" insurance.  I believe that this company "flim-flammed" him or confused him into buying accident insurance instead of life insurance. I looked at the bills that were paid and this company makes no mention of accident insurance on the bills.  I have no accident policy in my records.
 All insurance companies: health, car, house, etc., send out an annual statement of "exactly" what kind of insurance you have and what is covered.  I believe that Physicians purposely does not send out such a statement. We received only a "Payment Coupon" every six months and there is no mention of accident insurance, only life insurance.

I wonder if this company makes it a practice to take advantage of senior citizens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2010 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Physicians-Life-Insurance-Company/Omaha-Nebraska-68131/Physicians-Life-Insurance-Company-misled-policy-holder-flim-flam-not-accountable-Omaha-591395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Physicians Life Insurance Company

#1 General Comment

buying insurance

AUTHOR: ogie - (USA)

I have been looking for life insurance for a few months and whenever I feel like i found a company I come accross somthing like this. I know for myself, I understand that all companies run into unhappy customers for whatever reason but what gets me is these companies don't even challange the complaint so it makes me think that the customer is right,  why would I buy from a company that won't even stick up for themselves? It's back to square one.