Complaint Review: Physicians United Plan

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 04, 2013

• Reported By: Mendy — Lakeland Florida United States of America
Physicians United Plan
9102 Southpark Center Loop, Suite 200 Orlando, FL Lakeland, Florida United States of America

Physicians United Plan PUP Worste headache ever, LIES, Scam, Rude, RUN FROM YOUR AGENT!!!! Lakeland, Florida

I signed up with PUP through a friend of my sister (Mario Anzualda). He made this company out to be this really great company to be with. WHat I like was that my Dr's took their plans. My insurance was to start on December 1 (I have special needs so it activates & ends whenever I want). Middle of December I wanted to get new glasses. So I made an appointment with a Dr who is covered under PUP.  I get there & they run my insurance. They said I wasn't in the system. For about 45 minutes they said I wasn't in the system.

Come to find out my name was spelled wrong in the system but on the cards it was spelled correct. So I had to remake my appointment because the Dr had already left (It was past my appointment time). The next day it still wasn't fixed but I yelled at someone & it got fixed because I was able to get my Appointment. Then when I signed up I was told PUP would cover $200 worth of glasses for me. I got a pair of Paula Deen glasses that caused a total of $98...... it is under $200 right?

Well I had to pay $20. The insurance was telling the store I couldn't get anymore covered than what they were sending. PUP NOW OWES ME $20. Then a few weeks after that I went to pick up my prescriptions for the first time being on PUP & I couldn't get them because they messed something up on that as well. I had to go without my meds for 3 days. Finally I got it fixed. I go to a Dr's appointment beginning of January where I should have had 3 referrals to this Dr when I was told I had no more after that visit. Isn't that some sh*t.

I was told I would have 3 but I only had the one. I got so tired of them I called & told them I want to get out of their system. Mario told me all I had to do was call & they would dis enroll me. So I did. The lady on the phone told me I had to write a letter & mail it in. That is ridiculous but I did with a nice little note on the front of the letter (You suck!). Probably why it is "lost" in the mail. So it was supposed to be canceled on Jan 31. It is Feb 4 & I STILL HAVE PUP. I have injections on Wednesday & I have to have it but I might not be able to get them because of how PUP is being.

I would NEVER recommend PUP to ANYONE....... not even my enemy. RUN if you see a PUP representative. I am still trying to get my appointment for Wednesday straightened out because I was supposed to NOT have PUP so it would go so much smoother. Not this BS. So they are making my life a living hell & they owe me $20. Nice huh! I am now going to email Mrs Henson to make sure I get everything I need for my referrals & authorizations & to have my membership CANCELLED.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Physicians-United-Plan/Lakeland-Florida-/Physicians-United-Plan-PUP-Worste-headache-ever-LIES-Scam-Rude-RUN-FROM-YOUR-AGENT-1008601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Physicians United Plan