Complaint Review: Picture it on Canvas

• Updated: Thu, August 15, 2013

• Reported By: Kathy — Imperial Pennsylvania
Picture it on Canvas
12525 Stowe Dr Poway, California USA

Picture it on Canvas Picture it on Canvas - issues with Quality Control and Customer Service Poway California

After my mom passed away, I sent my dad's favorite picture of mom to a company “Picture it on Canvas” to have it put on canvas for him for Christmas. When I received it, I left it in the plastic and got a frame to go with it for him. I put it back in the box and wrapped the frame and picture separately.

Once Christmas came and he opened the present and took it out of the plastic, we all noticed that the skin tones were totally wrong, they were way too orange, I have never seen anyone with that color skin, so the flaw was obvious.

When I got home, I called and spoke to a gentleman at the company who said that there was a department that I could send the picture to and they would redo the canvas to make the skin tone correct. He did however ask me to obtain a picture of the Canvas itself. I explained that my Dad lived in another state and I wouldn’t be there for awhile. [continued below]....

..... I also explained that he was in his 80’s and wouldn’t be able to send me a digital picture of it himself because he has no computer, internet or digital camera as do many people in his age group. I was told to just get the picture when I could and then call and send both the original and the picture of the Canvas in to them.

I emailed them as directed and was told "We apologize for the issue but we do have a 30 day Return Policy and would not be able to have  are print doen at this time..  If you would like to reorder, we can offer you a 40% discount off or your next purchase." and "Once we receive a picture of the canvas we can determine the issue and do a reprint for a small fee. $39.00 and this includes shipping."

I can actually have the Canvas redone elsewhere for the same price, so I am unhappy with their lack of resolution to this issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Picture-it-on-Canvas/Poway-California-92064/Picture-it-on-Canvas-Picture-it-on-Canvas-issues-with-Quality-Control-and-Customer-Serv-1075530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Picture it on Canvas