Complaint Review: PictureMe Portraits in Walmart 1893

• Updated: Mon, April 29, 2013

• Reported By: Libby — Laurel Maryland
PictureMe Portraits in Walmart 1893
3033 Crain Hwy Bowie, Maryland United States of America

PictureMe Portraits in Walmart 1893 I had pictures taken of of my grandson on March 15,2013. It was a special that costs $129.99, bit I had to pay $101.00 being that I work for this particular Walmart. Everything was fine until I came Bowie, Maryland

I had pictures taken of my grandson on March 15, 2013 @ the Walmart 1893 in Bowie, Md.  I paid for the Special of $129.99, but by me being a Walmart employee I got a discount, anyway I paid for the portraits at that time.  I received my regular set of pictures and periodically, I would stop by to see if my 16 X 20 framed portrait came in, but one day I went by and they had a gone out of business sign up, with no instructions as to how you were to get your portraits.  A stack of portraits were put up at the Service Desk for the Walmart employees to hand out should a customer come along and inquire. I've tried calling all the other portrait studios in the area and Sears, (who owns them) no answer and I've tried the web sites of both companies to no avail.  All I want is my 16 X 20 framed portrait.  I can imagine other customers being furious because there was no indication or instructions of them going out of business.  Sears or PictureMe should have had someone to contact their customers concerning their portraits and where they can be picked up.  I've tried the St. Louis, Mo. number and web site where the portraits are processed and got no response.  This type of behavior is unacceptable and this is not how a business should go out of business.  These are peoples memories and should be handled as if it were their own. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who got jipped out of the larger portraits.  I've never had any problems with PictureMe or Sears before.  My family pictures were done at PictureMe and the Generational portraits were taken at Sears  and now I hear that all the studios have gone out of business without notice.  Something has to be done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2013 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PictureMe-Portraits-in-Walmart-1893/Bowie-Maryland-20716/PictureMe-Portraits-in-Walmart-1893-I-had-pictures-taken-of-of-my-grandson-on-March-1520-1046890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PictureMe Portraits in Walmart 1893