Complaint Review: Piedmont Auto Care

• Updated: Fri, October 25, 2013

• Reported By: Joe Kosla — Piedmont California
Piedmont Auto Care
29 Wildwood Ave piedmont, California USA

Piedmont Auto Care moved spark plug cylinder #2 and replaced coil new. In fact they cross-threaded spark plug #2 causing it to blow out of engine and did not put on a new coil. piedmont California

I have a invoive from Piedmont Auto Care stating: "Work performed- Removed spark plug #2 checked compression = ok replaced coil as needed Motercraft coil".

I have an invoice 2 weeks later from Grand 76 Auto Care stating that the reason #2 spark plug blew out of my enigine is because it was not seated properly due to cross-threading. Coil #2 being attached to spark plug broke during blow out of spark plug. *Broken #2 coil was an old factory coil.

I have the owner (who worked on the truck) at Grand Auto Care who has confirmed the detailes of invoice as well as all dicoveries.

The owner of piedmont auto care (jeff hansen), very hard to reach, and extreamly defensive; after reviewing documents said nothing is 100% conclusive and can not help me. I told him that I will go after him in court  then he offered me 300.00 dollars CASH.

I am at a loss of 987.35 from the spark plug being cross-threaded into my engine. I am at an unknown loss with the damages done to the threading in #2 cylinder. A "kit" is holding the plug in now and I am told it is unknown how long the "kit" will hold the plug from blowing out again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2013 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Piedmont-Auto-Care/piedmont-California-94611/Piedmont-Auto-Care-moved-spark-plug-cylinder-2-and-replaced-coil-new-In-fact-they-cros-1094627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Piedmont Auto Care