Complaint Review: Pilot Travel Centers Transportation

• Updated: Tue, December 22, 2009

• Reported By: Scott G — Lima Ohio United States of America
Pilot Travel Centers Transportation
5508 Lonas Dr KNoxville, Tennessee United States of America

Pilot Travel Centers Transportation - Vince Walther - Doug Watt Unfair termination of employment!! KNoxville, Tennessee

This company done me and my family wrong. I left a decent job making $16.25 an hour to come to work for Pilot as a Fuel Transport Driver in October of 2009. The lead driver out of Beaverdam (Doug Watt) talked up the company for a long time so felt secure in my decision...or so I thought.

Everything was going just fine, I hadn't made any mistakes and was doing a fine job for them. On December 14th i was up in Michigan just south of Detroit and was on my way back after loading and was pulled over for driving in the 3rd lane in a commercial vehicle, which I had no idea of any such lane restrictions. This is a MINOR violation and I was only CITED not CONVICTED of the offense, which only carries 2 points IF CONVICTED. Well, the next day about an hour before my shift began I got a call from Vince Walther, who is the regional transportation manager for the Beaverdam area. He informed me that due to this CITATION my services would no longer be needed!?!?!?!? Up to this point I had done NOTHING wrong at all, they had no reason to terminate me for a minor CITATION that I wasn't even convicted for yet. They done this a WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!! This was very "cut-throat" and "uneccasary" and I will never understand how people in a position like that could even think about doing this to a man that had done a very good job for them. I did not cost them any money, nor did I make them look bad in any way. It was something that I honestly did not know was wrong and would have never done again. If anyone out there ever goes to work for this company, watch your back, don't make any wrong moves or make any mistakes or your gone. This company might pay good and have good benefits, but what good is a job that can be taken away from you for nothing. In a time when there are no jobs to go to, my old job replaced me and doesn't have the extra work to rehire me right now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2009 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pilot-Travel-Centers-Transportation/KNoxville-Tennessee-/Pilot-Travel-Centers-Transportation-Vince-Walther-Doug-Watt-Unfair-termination-of-emp-543810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pilot Travel Centers Transportation