Complaint Review: Pimsleur Approach

• Updated: Mon, November 18, 2013

• Reported By: Lee — Temple Texas
Pimsleur Approach
2811 Southampton Rd. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Pimsleur Approach Spanish Sent material I did not order and I had to pay to return or they where going to charge my credit card. Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Response to Individual Saying I did't read fine Print

*General Comment: Read the offer

I order a Spanish language course that sold as being able to speak spanish in 10 days. I received the cds. Then later was sent another set of cds that where in addition to the ones I had wanted.

Indicating that my credit card would be charged for for these cds and additional ones if I did not cancel. I did not want or order these additional cds. Now I am stuck with returning them at my expense and hoping they cancel.

I am now out my time and money to return and post this , hoping others will not fall into similar trap. I like the internet but there are businesses like this that makes it difficult to make sure you don't get ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2013 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-Approach/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19154/Pimsleur-Approach-Spanish-Sent-material-I-did-not-order-and-I-had-to-pay-to-return-or-the-1100245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur Approach

Response to Individual Saying I did't read fine Print

AUTHOR: Lee - ()

You must not have looked at the other 100 postings on this site about the deception. I only wanted to try the course that was about 10.00 dollars. It just cost me over 15.00 dollars to return what I didn't want. So your wife was happy with the courses, well good. Mabe she can respond to this in spanish.

#2 General Comment

Read the offer

AUTHOR: Spanish Students - ()

My wife went through the entire Pimsleur Spanish program and was very happy with it. You responded to an offer and apparently did not read the terms of that offer. That's not Pimsleur's fault. Their website states (accessed 11/18/2013);

Rapid Learning Program: One month after you get started with your Quick & Simple you'll
continue by receiving 30 day trial copies of advanced Pimsleur courses in the language you
selected. Each course is yours to try for 30 days. You'll receive a new course once every 60 days.
For each course you keep we'll bill you in four monthly payments of $64.
Simply pay the return
shipping cost for any course you return. Remember, there's never an immediate obligation to buy
any course because of the 30-day trial period provided with each shipment. And you may cancel
future shipments at any time by calling 1-877-802-5283. See Key Details.

==

I think that's pretty clear.