Complaint Review: Pimsleur

• Updated: Mon, November 18, 2013

• Reported By: Cary — Rancho Dominguez California
Pimsleur
1600 JFK Blvd. 3rd Floor,Philadelphia,PA 19103 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Pimsleur "Attempting to make an authorized charge of my credit card" Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: You should have read the site

*General Comment: field day

I have also been contacted by this company to retrieve money from my credit card. I purchased a Spanish lesson program online. They told me that all I had to do was pay $9.99 and nothing else would be charged from my credit card regarding their product. Well, they sent me a letter today stating that I make a payment of $256.00 for their CD purchase! I was shocked and elated because I didn't have the finances on my card that they used at the time. So they couldn't get what they wanted from me. They had the nerve a sending me this crappy letter with a toll free number to contact them. Needless to say, the phone number just kept ringing. I also attempted to contact them via email......No luck there either.

I've been a little more fortunate them some when it comes to these shiesters. I now have to guard this credit card with extreme caution - fearing that they will snatch my money out for their benefit. Someone needs to put a stop to this whole fiasco.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2013 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Pimsleur-Attempting-to-make-an-authorized-charge-of-my-credit-card-Philadelphia-Pennsyl-1100377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur

You should have read the site

AUTHOR: ExposingStupidity - ()

Apparently you are mad at a company for no reason other than the fact that you simply failed to read the site and offer.  Their site clearly states that you will receive "future shipments" and there is no way to opt out, other than calling to cancel.  I have ordered their 9.95 item on several occasions, I have completed 3 languages without paying or being charged a dime.  You need to return the material by the end of the trial period.  Hell, they've given me extra time to try out the higher levels several times. Sounds like this person is mad at themselves because they are STUPID.  It isn't even in fine print.  Look at the blue box, next to the order form, how could you miss this?  Retards.

#2 General Comment

field day

AUTHOR: Barbarian - ()

man these guys are having a field day in philadelphia. They must have scammed millions. That is why you never use credit card but debit card much safer and the bank can reverse transactions