Complaint Review: Pinnacle Career Institute

• Updated: Sat, July 20, 2013

• Reported By: JustwantwhatIpaidfor — Eudora Kansas
Pinnacle Career Institute
1601 W. 23rd St. Lawrence, KS Lawrence, Kansas USA

Pinnacle Career Institute PCI Scam, Fraud, Dishonest, Money hungry Lawrence Kansas

Pinnacle Career Institute is a joke.  I was recruited by one of the sweetest admissions ladies I've ever met.  Which had a big part in why I chose the school in the first place.  I was very interested in their Massage Therapy program, and was looking into numerous schools in the area.  PCI came off as a great school with very friendly instructors and staff members, who seemed to genuinly care about their students.

I have since learned that this was more so a ploy to keep you at the school for as long as you will continue to pay them.  The lawrence campus does not offer financial aid, except in the form of a $15,000 loan from an outside company.  Either way you must pay for all classes before you take them.  No government grants will pay for schooling at PCI, which should have been a red flag right away.

One of my biggest complaints about PCI is the way the instructors treat the students of PCI.  Anytime I had an emergency causing me to miss class, or even be a minute late I then had to deal with being lectured in front of the entire class and berated and belittled.  In my opinion making a very unproffessional environment, and further taking time away from ability to learn.

However my biggest complaint about PCI is definatly the way I was treated after I graduated.  To be clear I did graduate with the rest of my class on time, and passed every single one of my classes.  The problem was they explained the last month of school that they were apparently unhappy with the testing system they had been using, and were changing to a different testing system.  This made me wonder, but even with all the bad experiences I tried to have faith that I would be done with school soon and would be that much closer to a better career. The problem was when I scheduled the exam (which I was told would be paid by PCI only the first time) the new testing company they were using messed up my test scheduling.  When I recieved the confirmation email.  Instead of scheduling for the 26th of june which was when I set up the testing date.  The company set up the testing for the same day.

With no time to make to drive from Lawrence to Topeka, which was where the testing was I tried to call the company immediatly and reschedule the test.  Which is when I was told by a female who seemed very uninterested in my problem that I needed to go online and reschedule the test myself. When I tried to explain I had already tried that and the website was down.  I was told not only could she not help me because she herself didn't know how to reschedule the test, and she was sorry about my problem then proceeded to hang up on me.

After trying unsuccessfully to contact the company again I tried to ask PCI for help, explaining my situation.  They told me they were very sorry and would do everything they could to help, and then procceeded to ignore every attempt I made to get them to help me work things out.

I am now $15,000 in debt with no degree.  PCI is the biggest mistake I have ever made, and would strongly advise anyone considering PCI to choose a different school

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2013 08:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pinnacle-Career-Institute/Lawrence-Kansas-66046/Pinnacle-Career-Institute-PCI-Scam-Fraud-Dishonest-Money-hungry-Lawrence-Kansas-1068780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pinnacle Career Institute