- Report: #1151285
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Pioneer Auction Gallery
Pioneer Auction Gallery14650 SE Arista Dr. portland, Oregon USA
Pioneer Auction Gallery Dealing fakes and not honoring "guarantee" portland Oregon
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
They deal fake "historical" items. I purchased 3 items at an online auction that were described as "Civil War" and "Confederate" weapons, when neither description turned out to be true. I contacted them via phone and e-mail several times and they would not honor their "guarantee" of accepting returns for items that the buyer does not believe are authentic.
Seeing a few pictures, chosen by the company selling the fakes, and seeing a short description do not take the place of seeing it in person. I purchased these items after having seen their return policy and speaking to an employee who reiterated that I could return the items if I don't believe they are authentic. I e-mailed the company within hours of receiving the items to dispute the authenticity. I even had 3 seasoned collectors of CW artifacts look at them and they all agreed that they were 100% fake.
Pioneer responded to my e-mail by saying that their policy is to allow claims of authenticity up to 14 days after auction date. For internet auctions, that's not reasonable. You see, they have complete control over making sure that items are not received within 14 days (note that the same disclaimer says "If you Believe an item you’ve Received was Described Incorrectly, Please Contact us Within 14 Days from the Auction’s End Date so we can Help you."). I didn't receive the items until 27 days after the aution closed. To outline the timing:
- I e-mailed them 3 days after the aution to request an invoice. They burned 3 contestable days right there.
- I set up payment through my bank's e-check feature 3 days later (a Saturday). That check was sent 2 days later, on a Monday.
- Pioneer called me the day after the e-check was sent to see if I had paid yet. I told them that I had sent payment the day before.
- The check shows as being deposited 1 week after it was sent. There goes 7 more days of contestable time.
- I called them one week after my check showed as being deposited to ask why my items had not arrived yet. I had not received any correspondence from Pioneer since the "payment due" call.
- I was told on that call that they thought they may have mailed the items to the wrong person and were trying to find them. That's now burned the entire contestable period.
- The items arrived 4 days later. There is a delivery receipt to prove it That's a total of 27 days after the aution before I had a chance to see or touch the items in person.
- I e-mailed them later that day to dispute authenticity.
Since then, I've sent a number of e-mails and left multiple phone messages with the company. I did get two e-mail responses, which asserted that I missed the 14 day window to contest. No communication after that. So, add me to the list of consumers who are sick of seeing this company rip people off. I'm contacting the Oregon state Attorney General next to make sure that they are aware of this issue. I won't stop there either. It's time for unethical (to be kind) companies, like Pioneer Aution Gallery, to stop their illegal practices and then try to hid behind a disclaimer that says they're not authenticators. Well, someone is! If it's the consignors, then go back to them. Don't steal from the buyers who do the right thing every step of the way. It's sickening!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2014 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pioneer-Auction-Gallery/portland-Oregon-97267/Pioneer-Auction-Gallery-Dealing-fakes-and-not-honoring-guarantee-portland-Oregon-1151285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.