Complaint Review: PJP Health Agency

• Submitted: Sat, September 03, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, September 03, 2011

• Reported By: PJP Health Agency is a scam — New Jersey United States of America
PJP Health Agency
3 Huntington Quadrangle. Melville NY Melville, New York United States of America

PJP Health Agency lied to me about coverage and won't refund my application fee. I contacted the state insurance department about these con-artists. Melville, New York

I just had the same issues as the previous posters. I was told three seperate times that this was a major medical health insurance, they just didn't call it that so we could recieve lower priced premiums. I spoke with a sales guy to make sure I was getting all the details correctly. He said it was a copay for the doctor (which it NOT true), a copay for a specialist visit (which is NOT true) among other false statements about the coverage. After I waited the 7-10 days for my information in the mail, I contacted the customer service department and spoke with another person. I explained to her everything that I had been told and she told me it was all FALSE! The company's own employee told me it was all false and that it was a discount only plan. I immediatly cancelled my 'coverage' and demanded a refund along with the application fee. I called a few days later to see when the money will be refunded and she said they take 10 days and they could only refund my premium and not the application fee.

I can't believe they are still able to operate a business. Then again, by charging everyone a application fee they
probably make all there money that way. I am not sure how to go about getting that application refunded, but I'm going to try. They say the conversations are recorded, so they should have it recorded exactly what was said to me on the phone. I have contacted the state insurance  department and they are looking into this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2011 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PJP-Health-Agency/Melville-New-York-/PJP-Health-Agency-lied-to-me-about-coverage-and-wont-refund-my-application-fee-I-contac-772724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PJP Health Agency