Complaint Review: PJP Health Agency

• Submitted: Wed, March 13, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 13, 2013

• Reported By: AB — New Jersey United States of America
PJP Health Agency
3 Huntington Quadrangle, Melville NY Melville, New York United States of America

PJP Health Agency Valuepoint Multiplan I should have read RIP OFF report first. What the h**l is covered? Took my money and would NOT REFUND ME even though they send me all my info WAY TOO LATE!!! Melville, New York

*Author of original report: **UPDATE** REMOVE MY REPORT!

I should have read the reports about this awful service!!!!!

I signed up thinking "what a great deal on insurance" only to find out it was a sharing program. Okay, fine. I can deal with that.

My rep ( Ben Ruvinov ) was fine.  His assistants were slow and stupid though.  I would ask for something and it would take days before I got results.

I signed up Feb. 21. I didn't get my card until March 1. I could not schedule ANY medical visits without the card. So when I finally was able to make appointments (and mind you, with no success.  Every place we called on their list of "networks" denied multiplan even though their list is "updated every week"), I had to drive out of my way to get there!

I was told I should only have to pay my "reduced rate" that I get through PJP Health when I got to the doctors office. TWICE I went to the doctors and both times I had to pay full out of pocket. Nobody knows what "multiplan" even IS!

TODAY I was so angry and in tears (this isn't the first time my frustration with this company reduced me to tears), I called to cancel but was told "it's past the 10 days." I explained that I couldn't even make an appointment without my card which didn't arrive until March 5th. My 10 day period in which I could get a refund (and only partial, since the $150 "member fee" is non refundable, period) had passed...by only 3 days!  Ben (my rep) argued with me. ACTUALLY ARGUED WITH ME saying that if I were to go with Horizons, or Blue Shield, I wouldn't get a refund there either.  Of course, with either of THOSE companies, I would be seen without having to pay full out of pocket either. To cite LEGIT insurance companies to compare to this scam is a JOKE!!!! He also said I wasn't getting the best care because if I wanted better care, I could pay over $500 a month with another plan they have. I was FLOORED!! PAY MORE?! FOR SHITTY SERVICE? when I didn't get ANY BENEFITS FROM IT AT ALL?!  I told him "So, I am getting bad service because I can't afford that each month? Are you saying I don't deserve that as your client?" He had to back peddle.  So, I was treated worse because I can't afford good health care. Clear example of that, I guess!!!

He also accosted me about how I could pay out of pocket and why didn't the office call him if they had an issue. I said "THEY CALLED THE NUMBER ON THE BACK OF THE CARD AS INSTRUCTED! It shouldn't be that hard!!!"  He said I would not get a refund no matter who I talked to.

I am going to try again. I am sure I won't get my money, but STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!! If what he's saying to me is "you get what you pay for", when don't pay for this shitty service... YOU WILL GET NOTHING!!!!!!!! GO WITH A REAL COMPANY!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2013 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PJP-Health-Agency/Melville-New-York-/PJP-Health-Agency-Valuepoint-Multiplan-I-should-have-read-RIP-OFF-report-first-What-the-h-1028220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PJP Health Agency

**UPDATE** REMOVE MY REPORT!

AUTHOR: AB - ()

*** IF I COULD REMOVE MY REPORT, I WOULD! ***

This report was made out of anger and emotion, and the minute I submitted it, I regretted it. BEWARE OF POSTING on this site because it is permanent. What you need to know is my rep, Ben, was actually quite wonderful.  He was prompt and professional, and answered and addressed my inquiries of which there were many!!

I don't normally make judgments based on emotions, but use common sense. I went to the company and should have been patient.  I  revoke my statements about PJP Health and my rep, Ben, who has been nothing but helpful.  Dealing with medical companies, *no matter which insurance provider you use*, is tricky and always will be!

DO NOT POST RIP OFF REPORTS - THEY CANNOT BE REMOVED! I regret what I have said, and do recommend this company. Just ask a lot of questions and understand that it takes time to answers because sometimes the company has to call a medical company on your behalf, etc..., PJP was prompt in getting back to me on the status of my inquires.