Complaint Review: planet fitness houston, tx (fondren)

• Submitted: Thu, May 15, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: James — houston Texas
planet fitness houston, tx (fondren)
Nationwide USA

planet fitness houston, tx (fondren) I was fired from planet fitness because my appearance "intimidated" the members. My appearance didn't meet the requirements of employment Houston Texas

I was recently fired from planet fitness because "my appearence intimidated" the members of the gym. Before I was hired, I was a member at the gym and I workout there 5 days a week/ 4 hours a day for a year straight. I was very familiar with the staff and the general manager so when the position became availible I applied and was hired.

I worked there for about a month from april 9, 2014 to may 10, 2014 in which was my last day working. The manager of the gym contacted me via text messege at 9:30p.m. may 10th to call him so I did and he told me that he has to fire me because 6 people called the corporate office and complained that they don't feel comfortable with working out there while I'm working there.

I performed all the duties correctly and I was always on time so I don't understand why they terminated me. I never received any paperwork, write-ups or verbal warnings. I also look the same as before I was hired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/planet-fitness-houston-tx-fondren/nationwide/planet-fitness-houston-tx-fondren-I-was-fired-from-planet-fitness-because-my-appearanc-1147093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on planet fitness houston, tx (fondren)