Complaint Review: Planet Fitness

• Reported By: John — Saginaw Michigan
Planet Fitness
4572 State St. Saginaw, Michigan USA

Planet Fitness Cancellation nightmare borders on extortion. Saginaw Michigan

I have a membership at Planet Fitness. Signed up for 1 year. After that year it automatically reverts to a month to month membership.

I called about cancelling and was told I had to come in and cancell. I went in and signed the form and didn't think any more about it.  Got a bill saying I owe $60 for unpaid dues.

Apparently they ignored the cancellation. I have lose my copy of it unfortuantely. They attempted to take money from my account when there was nothing in it. Called about it and was told to come in and fill out another form.

I went in to fill out the form. I was asked if I was going to pay the $60. I said no not today. The guy behind the desk then refused to allow me to sign the form.  Said I had to pay the past due before I could cancel. I asked to speak to a manager. He said he is the manager.  This is extremely shady business practice. And I don't think they can refuse me the ability to cancel my contract because I owe them money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2013 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness/Saginaw-Michigan-48603/Planet-Fitness-Cancellation-nightmare-borders-on-extortion-Saginaw-Michigan-1084552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness