Complaint Review: Planet Mitsubishi

• Updated: Thu, March 27, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Charlotte North Carolina
Planet Mitsubishi
110 Northchase Dr Charlotte, North Carolina USA

Planet Mitsubishi Mr. Jeff Tomascak - owner planet Mitsubishi sold me the rate for a certification car, owned by one driver, they told me. Charlotte North Carolina

I purchased a 2011 Chev - Aevo four months ago from them and was promise a limited maintenance plan and didn't receive one.

I was promise a limited maintenance plan and warranty from a salesman named George when I purchase the car with 40,000 mileage and I signed a $11,100 bank loan contract. I put down a $2,300 deposit. The down payment was never applied on the loan, plus the car value was only worth $7,000. A month later I received a e-mail to schedule a maintenance oil change and repair check. I received the oil change at no charge. I complain that the car was slow to warm up and drive when I had my first maintenance visit. The service person name Joseph said everything was fine with the car. A week later the engine light came on. I went back to the repair shop and Joseph said that I needed to pay a $150.00 to check the problem on a machine.I didn't have any funds to pay for that service at this time,when I asked about the maintenance service up keep plan that they have given me, that's when they told me they would check on the car and fix the problem. I was told that the radiator fluid was low.

The next day the engine light came back on, I took the car back to get checked out, after checking and finding the problem, which I know now that they already knew what was causing the problem when they sold the car to me. I took the car in for maintenance and this pre - existing condition  was hided  from me the whole time. They gave me a car repair order for $286.99 for a new thermostat and repair cost on the 03/04/14. When I asked them at the service front desk , and also the general manager about the scheduled maintenance's that they gave me for the car. The general manager said that I didn't have any scheduled maintenance plan , or any kind of warranty , or certification on the car,the first service maintenance that I had received was just a one time only scheduled maintenance service, even though I explained to him that the sales person George told me that I would have a certain limited maintenance protection, along with a scheduled maintenance for the car , and all of the repairs and parts wouldn't be costly.

I couldn't believe it. I called and scheduled an appointment on a Saturday for 3:00pm . I was told by Nikie, who works at the front desk of the repair shop department that they would be open past 3:00pm , even though when  I checked on the website and saw that they close the repair shop department at 2:00pm on Saturday's. In the end I had to take the car to another repair shop to get a more reasonably price. Peoples that brought cars from them said that they had more then one oil change maintenance. They  didn't  up hold their agreement on their scheduled maintenance plan , or give me back a percentage of the $2,300  that I payed, which was double the cost of the car and the huge profit that they made for selling the car to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2014 04:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Mitsubishi-/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28213-6840/Planet-Mitsubishi-Mr-Jeff-Tomascak-owner-planet-Mitsubishi-sold-me-the-rate-for-a-cert-1134059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Mitsubishi