Complaint Review: Platinum Wigs

• Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: Brenda — Bonner Springs Kansas
Platinum Wigs
3041 commerce way Atlanta, Georgia USA

Platinum Wigs Platinum Wigs/Shay Ripped off. A $350.00 Wig fell apart after 3 weeks Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: bugs in the hair

*Consumer Comment: I love their wigs

Please please take heed to this warning, this company will not send you a great product.  They will not attempt to resolve any customer service issues and they lie and mislead you and any other parties involved to avoid rectifying your problem.  i ordered a wig which the company described as high quality hair, paid Approximately $350.00 for the wig also purchased additional hair products. Total $440.00. Bought the wig on 7/26/13 ..the wig began to fall apart on or about 8/19/13 contacted company. They sent instructions already sent with wig. Contacted them again on or about 8/29/13 to report the wig fell apart. Returned wig..the company agreed to a one time repair option for free however upon finding that I filed a BBB complaint they withdrew that and lied about our conversation, claiming I never accepted that option. Lots of lies from these folks. So I searched the web and found multiple stories exactly as mine. This company is clearly selling faulty products and unethical practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2013 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Wigs/Atlanta-Georgia-30354/Platinum-Wigs-Platinum-WigsShay-Ripped-off-A-35000-Wig-fell-apart-after-3-weeks-Atla-1089908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Wigs

bugs in the hair

AUTHOR: Markie - ()

I saw this company and loved the elegant look of their web site and the hair seemed to be of good qulity.

I order a lace front wig on their site  and receved it. The hair was course in texture, to start with... but my biggest set back  of which I couldn't beleive my eyes was bugs in the hair. the hair was dirty it looked like lice. I sent the wig back and waited for the reply which too one week to get and all they said was my money was returned.  I think they have a large quility problem and anyone purchacing from this company should tread lightly...

I love their wigs

AUTHOR: Lady C - ()

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've dealt with Platinum Wigs for the past few years and I've always received quality lace wigs from them. I usually order full lace wigs, but I've also ordered lace front wigs as well. About the only issue I've had was with the color once and they resolved it fairly quickly.