Complaint Review: Platoon Staffing, Captain McCarthy

• Reported By: Honest Abe — Los Angeles California
Platoon Staffing, Captain McCarthy
538 Leaque Ave, LA Puente, CA 91744 Los Angeles, California USA

Platoon Staffing, Captain McCarthy Security, Guard Card Los Angeles California

On January 23th, 2014 I went into Platoon Staffing's office on 538 League Ave, La Puente, CA 91744. I was told by the lady who handles their paperwork that they were a security guard agency who provides classes and training for guard card permits. She directed me to pay a $45 fee for a background check and a class on Monday Jan. 27th. She also told me that I would need a live scan and pay a state fee before they could send my paper work in. Being proactive and in need of a job, I visited a UPS to get a live scan over that weekend, which costed me $72. Monday, Jan. 27th I returned to the office and paid $45 for the background check and class, along with the $51 dollar state fee. Mind you, I was trying to make the process speedy as possible. Not to mention, I loaned the money to pay the fees from my mother. After a short class, I was told that all paperwork would be sent to BSIS that night and I'll receive my guard card within 4 weeks. Today, Monday March 17th marks eight weeks since I made those payments. Only to call BSIS and find out you they have never received any documents with my name or social security number. After doing some research this morning, I see that I'm not the only person Capt. McCarthy and Platoon Staffing has scammed. In the prior incidences I read about, BSIS was able to help the victims received refunds and even get their cards. At this point, I've tried contacting the office and Capt. McCarthy's personal line numerous times, even leaving messages. I have yet to get a response. There's no doubt that they are just holding my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2014 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platoon-Staffing-Captain-McCarthy/Los-Angeles-California-91744/Platoon-Staffing-Captain-McCarthy-Security-Guard-Card-Los-Angeles-California-1131259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platoon Staffing, Captain McCarthy