Complaint Review: playbuzz.net

• Reported By: James — Fargo North Dakota
playbuzz.net
16192 Coastal Highway Internet USA

playbuzz.net lewd practices in trials and cancellations Lewes Internet

I would watch out for this site. They have a very sketchy cancellation police. Yesterday I signed up for a simple free membership. They ask for your credit card info for simple "verification". Then the site forces you to take a "free" 5 day premium trial membership with no option to opt out of it. Immediately I went to my account page to cancel out of this 5 day trial which I did not want. There was no cancel button. Only a message that says trial active. Went to the support site and found out how to cancel. The cancel page gives you 3 options. (1) Pay them $1 to be placed in an express cancellation queue to cancel your account. (2) Email their address without paying the fee and cancellation can take "up to 3 days" (3) Call there support number and cancel for free.

I called there support number and it is an automated answering system. You MUST listen carefully to the options because on the 3rd question in they switch the position of the yes and no options between #1 &#2. I finally get it to say my account is cancelled and I am sent a confirmation email saying I'm cancelled. I immediately when to my credit card online to check for fraudulent charges and found that they had still charged me $1. I presume to cancel the "free" 5 day trial. So I have 2 entries on my credit card from them. (1) WorldPay Address C with a $0.0 value. I presume this checked my card and (2) PLAYBUZZ.NET with a $1.00 value. Both are still in pending status, but if it does go through I will be reporting them to the better business bureau, because there cancel site specifically says that if you want to cancel for "free" call there phone number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2014 05:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/playbuzznet/internet/playbuzznet-lewd-practices-in-trials-and-cancellations-Lewes-Internet-1129786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on playbuzz.net