• Report: #196132

• Submitted: Mon, June 12, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, June 12, 2006

• Reported By:Shelbyville Indiana
PMA - Entrepreneurs Across America
401 S Locust Street Denton, Texas U.S.A.

PMA - Entrepreneurs Across America Ripoff, Con-Artists ans Cammers Denton Texas

On October 6, 2005, I had 2 young boys come to my door and told me they were trying to win a trip to Cancun and they got poitns for each magazine they sold. I informed them, I really didn't read much, but they kept on and actually sort of pushed their way into my house. I finally gave in and order a 2 year subscription to Prevention magazine. I wrote them a check for $54.00 which was $44.00 for the 2 years and a processing fee of $10.00.

The check was cashed 6 days later. The boys informed me it would take about 6 to 10 weeks for the magazine to be processed.

I started calling the number on the order form for several weeks and I usually got a recording they were not available and to call back during their business hours. I was calling during their business hours. You could not leave a message, and sometimes the phone would just ring and no one would answer.

On January 19, 2006, I made a copy of my check and sent the company a letter wanting to know where the magazine was.

I never heard back from them whatsoever. I moved in March and once I got things unpacked I came across the paper work on this magazine order.

My sister and I were talking about it, since then I have gotten a free year of Prevention from a different source. When I got the first magazine, I called Prevention to see if they had the order from October 2005, and they had nothing on it at all. The only order they had was the new order that had just come in. I asked them what I could do, they informed me since it was a third party that sold the magazine, I would have to call the company as they had no control over it. I tried calling them again today and the phone goes unanswered.

So EAA cashed my check and did not deliver the goods. It appears their processing fee turned out to be $54.00 instead of $10.00. They rip people off and I bet those boys were laughing when they left my house.

I am on a limited income, as I have lost my husband and I had to have a cancerous tumor removed. I can't believe there are people out there that take advantage of people who are vulnerable.

Can't someone help us??

Shelbyville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2006 10:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PMA-Entrepreneurs-Across-America/Denton-Texas-76201/PMA-Entrepreneurs-Across-America-Ripoff-Con-Artists-ans-Cammers-Denton-Texas-196132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PMA - Entrepreneurs Across America