Complaint Review: PNC Mortgage

• Updated: Fri, October 18, 2013

• Reported By: Mad in Indiana — Indianapolis Indiana
PNC Mortgage
3232 Newmark Drive Miamisburg, Ohio USA

PNC Mortgage TERRIBLE business practices, Loss Mitigation nightmare...seems to continue even after repayment plan ends ... Miamisburg Ohio

Two years ago, I missed four payments due to "early retirement" (undesired) and contacted PNC immediately when I knew I was going to be late.  After much discussion with Loss Mitigation on timing, since I knew I would begin SS later in the year and could afford to catch up, they advised me to apply at a 3 month period of no payments.  I did so and they turned me down, told me to reapply in a month.  I did so, same information submitted, Hoping for a HARP program or something like it, I was finally told I could have a loan mod but it would have to begin in Oct.  They knew my SS did not start until Nov. but even if I could not pay it in Oct. if I refused it they would make me start all over.  They said since it was an FHA loan I could be 30 days late without a problem.  Two years, no govt program, 4 payments divided by 24 months and added to my payment.

Fast forward two years, ten letters from collections about the "missing" payment and numerous conversations with Loss Mitigation service representatives, I got a job and paid it off two months early.  Eager to be done with that, I then get a letter that oops someone forgot to figure my escrow shortage while I was in Loss Mit. and I owed nearly 700.00.  So payment went up but was back to regular schedule.

Two days ago, another letter from Collections (?) was sent, exactly the same ones I got before except with dates changed.  Letter states my payments are two months past due, 0 late charges, and if I don't catch up before end of Oct. they may initiate foreclosure proceedings.  I actually paid both those months 15 days ahead of due date; a call to them confirmed this. I still questioned why this letter was sent and got stupid responses like "it was on accident" or "you were not the only person who received it". I pushed to talk to a higher person who was extremely rude and told me they knew I was not behind but this letter should be considered a "soliticitation".  Her example was when the bank sends me a soliticitation to buy insurance.  Certain customers receive these letters per her statement.  How they are certain who those customers are I don't know. I was speechless at that point, she could not give me any other reason, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to hear anything sensible so hung up.

Sounds so much like other stories on here, someone should look into a class action suit against them.  It is outrageous for it to be legal, not to mention unethical, immoral, etc. to "solicit" anything in this way.  They put a blatant lie in writing and sent it to me, not just once but time after time.  The tone of the letter is scary for someone who doesn't understand to call about it and it is possible this could have resulted in people losing a home without it being necessary.  Anyone with insight into how to address this please let me know.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2013 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PNC-Mortgage-/Miamisburg-Ohio-46219/PNC-Mortgage-TERRIBLE-business-practices-Loss-Mitigation-nightmareseems-to-continue-1092957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PNC Mortgage