Complaint Review: PNV Bank

• Updated: Thu, July 31, 2014

• Reported By: Melody — Bowling Green Kentucky
PNV Bank
Bowling Green, Kentucky USA

PNV Bank has ripped me off in overdraft fees. Example What they are doing they post my transactions 1st checks etc then I make a deposit & they charge me $36 bucks. As it stands now they owe me 5 overdraft charges. If they would refund me I would close my account but they do not care. Simple as that. Bowling Green Kentucky

*Consumer Suggestion: Here's something that WIIL help you...

I have been doing business with PNC Bank to be safe 5 years. They ding me on everything! I am now on a fixed income but bring home the same amount of money. I spent 1 whole day with another person who also banks there and he has been treated the same way. I urged my daughter to open her account there and they were to give her $100 with a direct deposit. That did not happen. I am going to strike a deal with them if they refund me those 5 overdrafts I wish I could post my bank statement. They find me eas easy prey. But they justify it with well here is the exact time this came in and your disability check came in at this time. Example they know I am not a troubled account and I think they are treating me unfairly. I have spoken to rude people and have got off the phone crying.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2014 05:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PNV-Bank/Bowling-Green-Kentucky-42104/PNV-Bank-has-ripped-me-off-in-overdraft-fees-Example-What-they-are-doing-they-post-my-tra-1166336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PNV Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Here's something that WIIL help you...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

To avoid those pesky little NSF fees, the first thing you must do is maintain an accurate, up to date check register.  If you do this and also verify the deposits you have made have actually been made available, it will go a long ways to helping you.  Checking  your balance online only shows what transactions have cleared or been credited at that time.  It does NOT reflect any transactions that are pending, including checks you just wrote or debit card usage, especially when your debit card is used for gasoline purchases which can and  usually do incur up to $100 in funds temporarily held to make sure the merchant gets paid.  Check with your financial institution for help in properly using your account.

If you don’t want to make this little extra effort, those of us who do thank you for keeping our banking costs lower.  Most banks follow the same procedures, so constantly changing banks will yield the same end result.

Years ago, money management, ie  good banking practices was taught in schools.  It’s pretty apparent that has either changed or is being disregarded.