Complaint Review: poetry.com

• Submitted: Sun, December 30, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, December 30, 2012

• Reported By: s.a.c — Dallas Texas United States of America

poetry.com International library of poetry, owning mills stole my intellectual property of art..after years of profecting & turning my words into visual pictures ..believed for years that I was working tward a book. on that i based my children &I futures o Internet

I'm a single mom who has spent a lot of time & money on my working no my poetry. While online approximately in 2002, came across poetry.com & at the time the site had an up coming poetry contest.I submitted a poem to win the cash prize, instead i received an award &I letter stated i was chosen to have my poem copyrighted & put in a book by an owning mills editor & sold to the public. Over the years i submitted lots of my work and i find out there is no book or anything else, it's all gone...i haven't seen a penny. I was going to use the earnings from the book well books to ensure my children go to college. I'm devastated, depressed and at a lost, writing is my passion with every part of me is poetry, every part of my life is poetry. So i feel violated , afraid to trust companies with my work of arts..Please catch the responsible persons! !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2012 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/poetrycom/internet/poetrycom-International-library-of-poetry-owning-mills-stole-my-intellectual-property-o-988991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on poetry.com