Complaint Review: Polarbear White Shepherds

• Updated: Sun, September 23, 2012

• Reported By: grant — santa cruz ca. California United States of America
Polarbear White Shepherds
P.O.Box 1071 Naches, Wa. 98937 Naches, Washington United States of America

Polarbear White Shepherds polaebear puppiess false information,refuses to return deposit Naches, Washington

*Consumer Comment: Had similar experience with Ruth and Polarbear White Shepherds

*Author of original report: Not A Extortionist

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Grant Miller Non-refundable Deposit and Extortion!

*General Comment: Just some insight

Polarbear White Shepherds, www.polarbearpuppies.com  Ruth, owner located in Naches, Washington.  She states on her web-site all her breeding  dogs have a OFA number or Pinnhip certification for their hips and elbows.  She finally posted all the information on the parents 3 weeks after the puppies were born.  I checked the male he was fine but when I checked Sugar, her OFA number belonged to one of her deceased females.  She said it was a mistake, I asked her for the correct number and she admitted she did not have Sugar X-rayed.  I had put down $200 six  months earlier for a puppy and now she is telling me this litter is not her Premium Quality and should not be bred or shown.  Six months ago she told me I would have 1st pick of nothing less than her First Rate Premium Quality puppy that her reputation is known for.  The price would be $2000 for the puppy.  Now shes telling me Sugars litter is not standard quality, they have gay tails which are considered below standard quality.   Whats worse is the fact Sugar never had her hips and elbows X-rayed.  She told me I could pick a puppy from another litter but the price would be $3500.  I cannot afford $3500 so I asked for my deposit to be refunded, she refused.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2012 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polarbear-White-Shepherds/Naches-Washington-98937/Polarbear-White-Shepherds-polaebear-puppiess-false-informationrefuses-to-return-deposit-N-838617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polarbear White Shepherds

Had similar experience with Ruth and Polarbear White Shepherds

AUTHOR: ConcernedPerson - (United States of America)

I have had a very similar experience with Ruth and Polarbear White Shepherds. Please do not buy these puppies. They are not of good quality. The litter that was just born on September 22nd 2012 is out of a brother and sister (to make it completely clear, the mom and dad of the current litter have the exact same parents on their pedigrees).

I have also filed a report please read it! I put the link below to my report

Please do your research before picking a dog breeder so you don't go through the same experience several people have gone through with Ruth. If you get a dog from Ruth you will be getting an overpriced, sub-par dog. Don't risk the heartbreak of getting a poor quality dog and find a better breeder!

Not A Extortionist

AUTHOR: grant - (United States of America)

Polarbearpuppies@yahoo.com clearly states they have all their Breeding Dogs, hips and elbows certified by HIPPA. She did not have certification for Sugar the female who had the puppies.  She supplied a  false OFA number for Sugar on her web-site.  The OFA number turned out to be a deceased female.  Since her web-site made false claims, I should have my deposit returned.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Grant Miller Non-refundable Deposit and Extortion!

AUTHOR: Ethics of breeding - (United States of America)

Mr. Grant Miller of Santa Cruz reserved one of our AKC rare breed male puppies in early August 2011.  Mr. Miller knew when he submitted his deposit that it was non-refundable when we communicated with him and reviewed his application at the time.  He changed his mind about getting a puppy from us and sent us emails that unless we agreed to return his deposit to him that he would file a complaint about us on the internet or in opinion, which what has essentially become defamation.   I explained to him that I didn't appreciate threats and that it was standard practice for most every AKC breeder to require a non-refundable deposit.  We tried our best to reason with him and we have done NOTHING and have not misrepresented anything when it comes to our website and what we offer.  What Grant Miller wrote is defamation and wrong!  We pride ourselves in being a very ethical breeder and have countless clients across the country who are more than satisfied with their experience with us.  Mr. Miller, in our opinion, is a generally unhappy person and strikes us as being someone who uses threats and extortion to get what he wants.

#4 General Comment

Just some insight

AUTHOR: KrisG - (United States of America)

I have no connections to either party and I am just sharing my insights

1. A "FAIR" hip rating from OFA is not "fine" its the lowest rating they can give to dogs before they are considered dysplastic.

2. White GSDs are not eligible for conformation through AKC and never will be until the GSDCA(german shepherd dog national club) changes the standard to allow them and fat chance of that happening anytime soon

3. Generally speaking deposits are almost never refundable - good or bad breeder. Which is why people need to do their homework before putting money down with anyone.

honestly if you want a GSD to show, buy from a breeder who actually has dogs being shown and fit the written standard as set down by the GSDCA. If you want a white GSD look for one in a rescue or at least buy from a breeder who is actually a member of the American White Shepherd club and using the CORRECT registry - UKC if your intent is conformation.