Complaint Review: Polaroid, Petters Group Worldwide

• Submitted: Sat, July 14, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, July 14, 2007

• Reported By:Danville Illinois
Polaroid, Petters Group Worldwide
1265 Main St. Bldg W3, Waltham, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Polaroid, Petters Group Worldwide Polaroid will not respond to repair calls for FLM-2011 LCD Television. Calls never returned about Warranty repairs. Ripoff Waltham Massachusetts

In December 2006 we bought a 20" LCD Polaroid Television. In June the TV became defective. I had a lime green screen with lines and snow.

I called the warrrenty service number and was told I would be contacted to set up a repair. It is now a month later and I have talked to 3 more people and been promised a call from the repair service 3 different times with 3 different time frames for the call, the last being 24-48 hours. When no call came I talked to a supervisor who finally admitted to me that he does not even work for Polaroid. He is employed by Accent Co. Who handle all the customer service calls for Polaroid. He told me that there is now a problem with parts for my TV and that my report is in the queue to be handled but he does not know when!!!! I asked him what he would do and said I was ready to contact Polaroid execs. He said that is what he would do. My advice don't buy Polaroid unless you get it somewhere with an extended warrenty like Best Buy. We got ours at Wal-mart, enought said about that. I have written letters to 3 Polaroid executives and Thomas Petters, Chairman of the Petters Group Worldwide that now owns Polaroid. I am hoping for some response from them.

Susan
Danville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2007 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polaroid-Petters-Group-Worldwide/Waltham-Massachusetts-02451/Polaroid-Petters-Group-Worldwide-Polaroid-will-not-respond-to-repair-calls-for-FLM-2011-L-260857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Polaroid, Petters Group Worldwide