Complaint Review: Police Protective Fund

• Submitted: Tue, April 28, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 06, 2011

• Reported By:Hudson Florida
Police Protective Fund
Glissdale Ln (several Locations) New Port Richey, Florida U.S.A.

Police Protective Fund The worst kind of frauds New Port Richey Florida

*UPDATE Employee: I Beg to Differ

*Consumer Comment: How could they easily fill their $8 an hour position?

After having worked (briefly) for the Police protective Fund I was disgusted by the fact that these people and this organization are complete frauds. I entered into it with the noble intention of working for a charity helping police officers, my brother is a county sheriff and I thought it'd be at least somewhat respectable to call on behalf of a charity, but my illusions of helping anyone other that the PPF line their pockets evaporated in short order.

I learned that they call several states claiming to be located in the state itself, they ussually get around this by maintaining a PO box in whichever state in question, which they'll tell you to claim as a physical address while sitting in their W. Florida call centers.

After just a few days working with these people it became apparent that a majority of the " fundraisers " were multiple felons and/or hardcore drug users and after talking to most of them I honestly began to think that I was the only person working in the place who'd never been arrested or served time in jail. I was encouraged by my sleaze of a manager to lead people to believe I was a police officer, to brow beat them until they either hung up or donated, and of all things admonished for being polite/nice to the people I did speak to.

They foster an absolutely toxic work environment. They'd never miss a chance to remind everyone of just how replaceable they were or how arbitrarily they'd fire them and how easily they'd fill their $8 an hour position. ( If they wern't busy leaving insulting messages, threatening your job, or disrespecting former/absent employees via computer messages.)

Beware and avoid this company. Either as an employee or a donor. The Police Protective Fund is no manner of charity at all. Many of it's various state charities are owned ( never heard of a charity with an owner) by a pair of men, one of whom sells phone # lists and the another who's print shop churns out their bogus mailers. ( Which they demanded a minimum donation of $15 just to mail out. )

I'm nothing but sorry I ever heard of these frauds and far worse off for ever having worked for them.

Litm80
Hudson, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2009 09:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Police-Protective-Fund/New-Port-Richey-Florida-34652/Police-Protective-Fund-The-worst-kind-of-frauds-New-Port-Richey-Florida-447319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Police Protective Fund

I Beg to Differ

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

I work for the Police Protective Fund and am at a loss as to what the previous poster is talking about.I have never been encouraged to be anything but honest and polite to potential donors. I have personally seen a few bad apples fired for misleading statements. Our manager has daily meetings and often reiterates the importance of being polite and honest, even to people who are apparently mislead by misinformation from people like the previous poster. Where ever this person worked, it most assuredly was not where I work, not even close!

How could they easily fill their $8 an hour position?

AUTHOR: Inspector - (U.S.A.)

Since you deal with the public on a daily basis, wouldn't a proper command of the english language be a requirement?