- Report: #1123738
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Polk Audio
Polk Audio Doesn't Stand Behind Their Products!! Baltimore Maryland
*Consumer Comment: First, as I previously stated, I DON'T work for Polk, and
*Consumer Comment: What did the WRITTEN warranty that came with the "new in the box"speakers say about warranty terms?
*Author of original report: Yes, They're Unscrupulous
*Consumer Comment: How is Polk Audio an "unscrupulous company?"
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I purchased a pair of NIB Polk Audio MM651 speakers on Amazon in September 2013 ($134) and installed them in a HD Street Glide motorcycle. The sound quality was good and I was satisfied with the performance of the speakers until they quit working two months later. I contacted Polk Audio customer service to see what the procedure was for replacement, and after sending them my proof of purchase information was informed that the Amazon vendor I purchased them from was not an authorized Polk Audio dealer and therefore they would not honor the warranty. They suggested I contact the vendor (HASSLE-FREE). I then spend a great deal of time dealing with Amazon and HASSLE-FREE, both of which would take no responsibility for the defective product. According to HASSLE-FREE, Polk Audio by law cannot not honor the warranty for NIB product because it wasn't purchased from an authorized dealer.
I am therefore filing this complaint in the hope that others will not find themselves in a similar situation. Based on this experience, I offer the following advice:
1) Avoid Polk Audio MM651 speakers. They are prone to failure, and Polk Audio will not stand behind their product if they can find a reason to claim the warranty isn't valid.
2) Beware of who you're purchasing from. Do not assume when buying NIB items on Amazon that you are covered under the manufacturer's warranty. Unscrupulous companies (such as Polk Audio) may claim no responsibility for product failures even though you've purchased brand new in the box merchandise.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2014 06:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Polk-Audio/Baltimore-Maryland-21215/Polk-Audio-Doesnt-Stand-Behind-Their-Products-Baltimore-Maryland-1123738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.