Complaint Review: pooldeals.com Charlie Goss (Owner)

• Submitted: Tue, September 15, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, February 12, 2010

• Reported By: dmkc — Richwood Ohio USA
pooldeals.com Charlie Goss (Owner)
www.pooldeals.com Internet United States of America

pooldeals.com Charlie Goss (Owner), DPD pools, poolexpress.com, poolzone.com pool deals, pool zone, dpd pools, pool express, New York, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Pooooldeeels dot com

My Experience with www.pooldeals.com

Swimming pool product Buyers Beware! Before buying from www.pooldeals.com or DPD pools please read this.

I purchased an automatic pool cleaner from www.pooldeals.com in april 2009. Here are the details of my experience. Long story short, they have my money and my product and I have nothing. I would strongly recommend avoiding this website and company when buying pool products.

1) Purchased the Manta Maxx automatic pool cleaner on 4/25/09 According to the ad the cleaner would clean any pool regardless of shape

2) Received automatic pool cleaner on 5/16/09

3) Assembled and tried out in pool on 5/16/09 Cleaner would not work in my pool. Would not climp into the shallow end

4) Contacted pooldeals.com on 5/18 to explain the cleaner would not work

5) Pooldeals advised me that they did not accept returns for open items

6) Contacted pooldeals again on 5/19,5/20 and several more times through 5/28

7) Pooldeals finally agreed to accept the return and issued an RMA#

8) Item was returned to pooldeals on 6/1/09 via USPS with delivery confirmation

9) Pooldeals never issued a refund or credit

Pooldeals now has my $139.00 and the cleaner.

Conclusion:

I received a poor quality product that pooldeals eventually agreed to accept as a return and now they have my money and my pool cleaner. In addition, I feel that I have given pooldeals many opportunities to resolve the issue.

I have all documentation including all emails, agreement for return, RMA #'s, delivery confirmation of the returned pool cleaner and the original credit card transaction. However, pooldeals has not refunded or replaced......I feel like I have had my money stolen. Maybe I should file a police report.

If anyone has any ideas on what to do next, please let me know.

Buyers Beware of this website and company. My next step is to contact the BBB and local small claims court

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2009 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pooldealscom-Charlie-Goss-Owner/internet/pooldealscom-Charlie-Goss-Owner-DPD-pools-poolexpresscom-poolzonecom-pool-deals-495344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on pooldeals.com Charlie Goss (Owner)

Pooooldeeels dot com

AUTHOR: The Castle of Ahhhhhh - (USA)

On 07/10/09 I ordered a standard 10x20 liner from pooldeals.com The website states that most orders are shipped in 1-3 days. The order tracking page of this site shows the same status as that of the first day i placed the order. customer service will not answer ther emails, and phone calls result in a disconnected line. My charge card was charged July 11th and as of today I have no (now unwanted) pool liner.

So far I have been unsuccessful in canceling the order. Its like dealing with no one!!! My discover card also has been unable to retrieve the money thus far (pending). If only I would have visited this site before getting SCAMMED!!!