Complaint Review: pooldeals.com

• Submitted: Tue, October 18, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 18, 2011

• Reported By: Joseph — Cincinnati Ohio United States of America
pooldeals.com

pooldeals.com solar cover disintegration, pool deals would not assist with warranty Internet, Internet

Similar to other posters, my Ray Maxx premium pool solar cover disintegrated after a year of use (it had a 5 year warranty).  I contacted Pool Deals and they advised that I needed to contact the manufacturer (a card was supposedly shipped with the pool cover).  As I did not have this piece of paper from the original shipment, I asked Pool Deals multiple times to simply provide me with the manufacturer contact information.  They refused, providing a similar response that others have noted:

"You would need to locate your warranty paperwork.  As we do not have    file of this, nor know which warehouse actually made your cover (the    one that made it is the number specifically in the box...the company    that shipped the cover has several covers from several manufacturers    and will not have this information as all they do is ship), we do    not have a way of locating this information.  You would be the only    person that would have this information.  When you first received    your item, your warranty card should have had a number on there to    register your item within a specific time frame.  At that point the  only people involved in your warranty are you and the manufacturer."

This response is an attempt to evade responsibility and make it "my fault" for not retaining a piece of paper (ridiculous in the internet/email era).  PoolDeals.com still advertised the Ray Maxx solar cover on their website; certainly they could, at a minimum, have provided the information (I was not asking them to cover the warranty they advertised at that point).

In searching the internet for others who had issues with PoolDeals, I came across a similar case on ripoffreport.  In that case, a person replied that "The cover may be from Midwest Canvas 1-800-433-4701 and if you call them they maybe able to help you.  Ask for the warranty department ..."  I did so and they requested I send a 12" x 12" sample, a check for $30 to handle shipping and a copy of my original invoice.  I did so and received a replacement cover about 3 weeks later.  I thank ripoffreport and the person for posting that information.  While I'm happy to have a replacement cover, pooldeals.com was of absolutely no help and provided horrible customer support. I do hope the replacement cover lasts longer though I am skeptical based on others' experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2011 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/pooldealscom/internet/pooldealscom-solar-cover-disintegration-pool-deals-would-not-assist-with-warranty-Inter-790114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on pooldeals.com