Complaint Review: PoolEx

PoolEx
1741 w. university tempe, Arizona United States of America

PoolEx Cabana Pool Dennis The RipOFF tempe, Arizona

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Not So Fast

i bought a poolex salt chlorinator system, filter, and a pump from poolex. when i got the filter installed, dennis showed up with no tools as well as no equipment.  when he finally started to work, he complained that his blood sugar was low and it was too hot for him to work.  we took very good care of him inspite of his poor performance installing the items that we bought.

after he was almost done working, the salt water chlorinating system lights stopped working.  i was told that i just needed a fuse.  i bought several fuses and it still would not work.  i have been contacting dennis for about a month now and he does not return my phone calls. he cashed my check eventhough his work is not finished.   their service sucks.   I have contacted my credit card company and the atty generl's office.  I will not stop until he comes back and finish what he started.  If their are any other poolex customers filing a lawsuit against this company, i am on board with you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2012 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PoolEx/tempe-Arizona-85281/PoolEx-Cabana-Pool-Dennis-The-RipOFF-tempe-Arizona-951036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PoolEx

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Not So Fast

AUTHOR: Dennis - ()

The first time I met with this client I did not have tools with me as they weren't needed for that visit. I was simply there to determine if he needed a new filter or not. After inspecting his filter it was determined he needed a new filter. So I came back the next day to install, tools and all.

While it was hot and my blood sugar was low, as mentioned, I installed the filter. After the filter was installed, I came back a few days later to inspect my work because I had done it in the high heat and knew it was possible I made an error.

Guess what? My work wasn't right and I fixed the pipe/fitting leak on the spot. All I sold this client was a filter and installation. This client is nearly 50 miles from me, and since he was an educator I sold him the filter and installation at a discount, I figured I did right by him.

While there on the follow-up, I replaced a fuse on the salt cell and the system worked flawlessly developing chlorine before I left. Later if failed again. I made clear to the client that I was not the company he bought the PoolEx Chlorinator from.

I pointed out if I had sold and installed it, I would happily provide warranty work, but since I had to pay for any parts, I couldn't do it free. If you buy an item at Wal-Mart and it fails, you can't take it back to Target and ask for a new one. Same principle.