Complaint Review: poolsupplies.com,

• Updated: Fri, April 27, 2012

• Reported By: Mike — Odessa Florida United States of America
574 Main St Tonawanda, New York United States of America

poolsupplies.com, leisureliving bait and switch Tonawanda, New York

I ordered a pool cleaner at a very reasonable price online. The picture looked exactly like a more expensive cleaner I was considering, so I bit. What arrived was an entirely different cleaner, even though the shipping invoice stated the correct one.

I called to let them know I received the wrong item. They said that I was upgraded to a different model at no charge. I explained to them that the cleaner that arrived had an entirely different operating mechanism that I did not want, and asked if they had the correct one in stock. She told me they did have one, but I would first need to send them a photo of what I received.

When I called back to check on the progress of my replacement I was informed that they did not have the model I ordered in stock, didn't know when they would be getting one, and that I could have my money back if that was what I wanted.

My question is, since they knew they did not have my item (because they were "upgrading" me) then why not call and ask if I still wanted it before shipping it out? That is what makes this company seem shady to me.

I have decided to just keep what they sent rather than chance the whole shipping fee, restocking fee, waiting for refunds, ect,etc... that usually follow these kinds of transactions. At least that is my assumption.

I will not chance buying from this company again. If you decide to do business with them you may want to indicate on your order that you will not accept anything other than the item you specifically asked for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2012 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/poolsuppliescom/Tonawanda-New-York-14150/poolsuppliescom-leisureliving-bait-and-switch-Tonawanda-New-York-875002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on poolsupplies.com,