Pop a Lock of Texas is the worst company that I have ever worked for.
1. You have to use your own car.
2. You potentially have to drive 200 mile a day.
3. You must pay for your own gas and maintenance for your car.
4. 72 hours a week mandatory.
5. Some days you get one call. So you make $10 that whole day.
6. Don't get paid for a bunch of work related procedures that you must do. [continued below]....
7. The owner Tony Graham is a total d**k.
8. Never a raise. Never. Trust me.
9. 6 days a week.
10. Work in all weather.
11. No additional pay to drive outside your area. e.g. 60 mile round trip = $10.50 to unlock someone's car door. Very unfair. So if your car get 30 miles to the gallon and you make $10.50, gas is $3 a gallon, after taxes you make about $3. This is a very common scenario.
12. Employee turn over rate equalled to approximately 10 a month. The supervisor just constantly trained to people.
13. Forget about asking off early for any reason. Unless you have a family issue I was told.
14. Zero benefits.
15. Very low employee morale.
16. Accidently brake a tool, then you pay for it. They'll get you for anything they
can. And the tools are cheap.
17. Minimum wage for training when you start.
18. GOA's gone on arrivals pay $5. So you drive 30 minutes to a job and no one's there, then you get paid $5. So now you have to drive 30 minutes back to your hub. That makes $5 an hour.
19. Go to a call and no ones there and it's a cash call. Then you make nothing. pop a lock won't even fight for your money and you're not allowed to.
20. Really I can go on and on. And I think I will. I'll repost things when they come to me. This was an immediate list of common issues occurring on a daily basis.