Complaint Review: Popular Leasing USA, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, July 23, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, July 23, 2004

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Popular Leasing USA, Inc.
15933 Clayton Road, Ste 200 Ballwin, Missouri U.S.A.

Popular Leasing USA, Inc. Norvergence Parter Lies to me, threatenes me, sends me lies in the mail ripoff Ballwin Missouri

Every representative of this company that I have talked to has lied to me. I don't think I've ever experienced worse customer service and I don't believe any reputable company would act in this manner.

I first heard of this company when they did a credit check on me in March right after I filled out a Norvergence credit check application and before my Norvergence contract was approved. I don't believe they
should be able to check my credit without my consent. This company was obviously involved in approving my Norvergence contract from the start.

I next received a letter in April from Erin Buchanan at Popular Leasing stating that Popular Leasing accepted assignment of my rental agreement from Norvergence a Matrix box with a busted card. This can't be true though if Popular Leasing approved me for Norvergence service in the first place. It's a shell game.

When I received a bill, I called Popular Leasing customer service and asked them why they were billing me. Their customer service told me they were billing me for "PHONE SERVICE". I told them they shouldn't be billing me because we have no phone service and the guy never came back to swap out the card. Their response was "Pay your bill and it will count against your first month of service". So I paid it, twice, and never received my first two months of service.

Then Chris from Popular Leasing called me and tried to sell me more phone service. When I told him we have never had service, the guy never came back, and customer service had told me I've paid for the first two months, he explained that wasn't true and really we are just renting the box. His boss Dan called with the same story. If Popular is not a telecom provider why are their customer service telling customers they are paying for phone service and their payments will count against
service when it starts? Somebody has to be lying here.

I mentioned this sounds like a scam and a fruad and they write me about slander and libel? What kind of company is this? They honestly expect me to believe that their own customer service has no idea what their business does?

I've filed complaints against this company with the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Better Business Bureau, and the Dept. of Consumer
Affairs at the Attorney Generals office in Missouri, Secret Service Telecom Division, Federal Reserve, Public Utilities Commision is Missouri, Coalition Against Insurance Fraud, Consumer Action Organization, National Fraud Information Center, Missouri Division of Finance.

Los Angeles, California

STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2004 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Popular-Leasing-USA-Inc/Ballwin-Missouri-63011/Popular-Leasing-USA-Inc-Norvergence-Parter-Lies-to-me-threatenes-me-sends-me-lies-in-t-100245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Popular Leasing USA, Inc.