stuck

• Updated: Sun, June 16, 2013

• Reported By: Chicagojon — chicago Illinois
Porsche Cars North America
980 Hammond Drive, Suite 1000 Atlanta, Georgia USA

Porsche Cars North America Porsche Rust/Corrosion Warranty a Big Joke! Atlanta Georgia

I have a Porsche Cayenne S 2004 - the first year their SUV came on the market.  In 2010 (when the car was 6 years old), I noticed rust was beginning to appear on the INSIDE of the rear passenger door.  I notified one of the Porsche Dealers about this and didn't worry about the rust, just thinking that Porsche would cover this under their rust/corrosion 10 year warranty.

To my surprise, a representative from Porsche did come out to view the door and decided the rust was the cause of "neglect." Really?  The car is driven 2 miles to and fro to work every day and is garage kept.  I was actually quite shocked that Porsche would not cover this under their warranty program - what's the point of having one if they are not going to stand by their product.

The representative was surmising the door was in an accident of some sort, the only thing is my car has never been in an accident.  I took the automobile to several body repair places and they never saw a door rust out before and stated that it should be covered under the factory warranty. Additionally, the body repair technicians informed me that if the car was in an accident, it would be on a CARFAX report (nothing on there) and more importantly, if the door was repaired, the paint would never be the exact match to the rest of the car.  Also, in order to paint the door, it would need to come off the hinges.  The technician showed me that the paint on the hinges was all intact and if the door had been removed, it would be very obvious from inspecting the hinges.  The hinges have the original paint on them with no stress cracks - indicating no repairs or painting has been done.

I have called Porsche many times stating I want a new door and all they can say is that the door's rust is the result from some "outside influence." With no further explanation.  I want to know if anybody knows how I can get Porsche to replace my door?  I am really tired of talking to them with no results - I would describe their customer service as horrible and not fitting of a luxury brand.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2013 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Porsche-Cars-North-America/Atlanta-Georgia-30328/Porsche-Cars-North-America-Porsche-RustCorrosion-Warranty-a-Big-Joke-Atlanta-Georgia-1059611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Porsche Cars North America