Complaint Review: Port City Chrysler Dodge

• Updated: Thu, November 07, 2013

• Reported By: Melinda — Exeter New Hampshire
Port City Chrysler Dodge
155 Greenleaf Avenue Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA

Port City Chrysler Dodge Bot USED Ford F-250 1 month ago. Wife and I could have been KILLED! Portsmouth New Hampshire

Bought used Ford F 250 1 month ago, early October 2013, at Port City Chrysler Dodge, Portsmout, NH. (6 months left on original Ford warranty) Truck has inspection sticker and inspector ID number.

Last week, early November 2013, while driving with my wife we experienced what is a called a "DEATH WOBBLE" - it was SEVERE! We could have been killed.

We called Port City and very slowly drove the truck on back roads with my wife following me to Port City. They had my truck for 2 days with nothing found.

I had 2 different outside mechanics inspect the truck and both concurred "Death Wobble" as well as more additional issues.

I slowly drove my truck to a local Ford Dealership in North Hampton. They had 5 mechanics working on the truck - replacing not only the death wobble steering issue but many more additional issues. The bill came to over $620.00. These people were wonderful!

I called Port City and they said many, including the 'death wobble' issue was not covered under the original Ford warranty. They said they would pay half. I said, "No, unacceptable: 1.) let them know how could they put an inspection sticker on this truck with noticebale issues, 2.) Jeopardizing my wife's and my lives 3.) ALL should have been covered with the original Ford warranty.

I did pay the Ford Dealership $200 as they went above board in inspecting and taking care of all issues. Port City wanted me to pay the full $620 and said they would reimburse me. I said NO!

I will NEVER step into Port City's premises AGAIN! RIP OFFS!!! Just now looking, they have horrible reviews on the BBB. Buyer Beware!

Thank you, anything you can do would be appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2013 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Port-City-Chrysler-Dodge/Portsmouth-New-Hampshire-03801/Port-City-Chrysler-Dodge-Bot-USED-Ford-F-250-1-month-ago-Wife-and-I-could-have-been-KILL-1097758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Port City Chrysler Dodge