Complaint Review: Porter Plumbing

2333 Mt Carmel Dr. Waco, Texas USA
  • Phone: 2547440047
  • Web:
  • Category: Plumbing

Porter Plumbing Chris Porter Do not use him. He lied to me and over charged me for a pump by $1000 Waco Texas

Do not use him. He lied to me and over charged me for a pump by $1000. This is the  Chris Porter of Porter Plumbing 2333 Mt. Carmel Dr. Waco Tx 76710 (254)744-0047. On April 8, I had a lift station pump go out. I called Porter Plumbing based on the recommendation of my friend because of their fair prices. They told me they could not come out until April 10th, but I agreed to wait. After taking off work, they finally called at 11:00 a.m. and said that due to a family emergency they would not be able to come out until Friday, April 11. I again took off work on Friday and expected them at 8:30. Chris Porter, owner, and one of his other plumbers arrived at 9:00 and took about 30 minutes to determine that the pump was broken. Chris said he would call for a price on a replacement pump. I told him that I thought the existing pump sells for about $1200. When Chris got off the phone, he said that they would call him back with a price. After waiting for about an hour and a half, I suggested that he call them back (I assumed I was paying for the time they were at my house and the clock was ticking).   He then talked to them and said “the pumps have gone way up almost double”. For the original pump it would be $3500 or the upgraded pump would be $3,900. Since I had been unable to use the water at my house for several days, I told him that it has to be fixed and to get the upgraded pump since the other one would be a couple of weeks before it would be available. I couldn’t believe the pump had gone up so much, so after the plumbers left I contacted Smith Pump Company where the replacement pump was purchased. Since I had the box the replacement pump came in, I inquired about the cost-I was told $1350, 1461.37 with tax. This was quite a surprise since the bill I received from Porter Plumbing was for $3975, not itemizing on the bill. It just said “quote-3975.”  Which means I paid $628.40 an hour for a 4 hour job, which included the 1 1/2 hours spent waiting for a return call for pricing. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to contact Porter Plumber to discuss this bill. No one will return my phone calls.

Update 21 April 2014 I finely got someone on the phone and I demanded a itemized list. He charged me for $968. Mark up on a pump that cost $1350. which is what he paid. He also lied and said he was their 6.5 hours of work. I can prove he was their 4 hours. I talked to him on the phone and he said ”I never said the price of the pump”, But he miss represented the true price of the pump by saying “the pumps have gone way up almost double”. I will be letting everyone know how he treated me. I am a veteran too so he is not veteran friendly.  I will be reporting him to The Texas Board of Plumbing Examiners, BBB, Local media, Social media, and small claims court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2014 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Porter-Plumbing/Waco-Texas-76710/Porter-Plumbing-Chris-Porter-Do-not-use-him-He-lied-to-me-and-over-charged-me-for-a-pump-1140439. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Porter Plumbing