Complaint Review: PORTFOLIO RC

• Submitted: Thu, September 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 04, 2008

• Reported By:TERRE HAUTE Indiana

PORTFOLIO RC Alleged outstanding US Cellular bill of $366 that is over three years old! I VIRGINIA BEACH Virginia

Today I received a call from a representative of Portfolio RC who stated that the agency has tried calling me on several occasions for collection of an unpaid US Cellular Bill of $90 that is now $366. The charges occurred while living in Mount Clare, West Virginia. I moved to Terre Haute, Indiana, in June of 2005, and this is the first time I was made aware of this issue. In the three years I have lived here, there have never been any messages left on my voicemail concerning this alleged debt!

I informed this individual that I closed out the account after moving to Indiana and obtaining cell phone services through Verizon. Moreover, I always leave a forwarding address when I move and to my knowledge, I have never received any correspondence in the mail from U.S. Cellular stating that I still owed money. Unfortunately, I no longer have any past statements to prove that the account was closed and that I paid the last bill.

Before I hung up on this individual, I gave her my current address and told her to send me something in writing. I then checked the credit report on my mortgage loan application and discovered that Portfolio RC is listed as a creditor. I am outraged that this is probably the reason why my credit score was not higher than reported. Why, after more than three years am I now being notified about this matter?

I am also outraged because in 1995 I had to pay $1000 in attorney fees to clear my credit report and my name for identity theft involving credit card charges by an individual in Chicago who used my name as a co-signature.

Covenant Doc

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2008 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PORTFOLIO-RC/VIRGINIA-BEACH-Virginia-23462/PORTFOLIO-RC-Alleged-outstanding-US-Cellular-bill-of-366-that-is-over-three-years-old-I-369879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PORTFOLIO RC