Complaint Review: portfolio recovery llc

p.o. box 12914 norfolk, Virginia USA
  • Phone: 757-519-9300
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

portfolio recovery llc got served, made payment arrangement, they accepted $50/month, and still going to court, I am unemployed disabled and can't afford $50 norfolk Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Contact

I am be sued by portfolio recovery llc, so I contacted the legal dept there and made arrangement to pay $50/month on a $1,495 debt from Lowe's Dept. Store, in which they wrote off as a bad debt and that was considered a loss for the company.

Now this collection agencies claims to of bought the debt and threatening to take me to court and file judgement against me on all my past due debts that are over 10 years old and with incorrect amounts.

I am almost 60 years old, disabled and can't get a job and can bearly pay $50/month, my wife is considering divorce and I can't afford to file bankruptcy.

Can anyone help because I can't afford an attorney and I will just have to face the judge and tell him my situation. I acknowledge the debt, but not the amount and I just can't pay it and we might just lose our apartment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2013 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/portfolio-recovery-llc/norfolk-Virginia-23541/portfolio-recovery-llc-got-served-made-payment-arrangement-they-accepted-50month-and-1080763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on portfolio recovery llc

Contact

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Your Attorney General's office to find out your solutions to getting these third party scumbags off your back.  If they serve you with papers SHOW UP in court and fight this debt.  You can file bankruptcy pro se.  I am not an attorney by any means but I know how to deal with third party scumbags like this company.  Good luck - there are attorneys out there that will take the case depending on the circumstances.  Do some research!

PRO BONO ATTORNEYS OHIO Free Legal Aid Services

Find non-profit organizations providing free civil legal assistance to low-income people in Ohio.

PRO BONO Attorneys OHIO

Pro Bono Attorneys Ohio volunteer their time to represent and bring civil justice for hundreds of thousands of low-income Arkansans who cannot afford to pay for legal representation.

Legal aid pro­grams and projects can include: Bankruptcy, Divorce, Adoption, Child Custody, Guardianship, Community Economic Development, Wills, Housing, Consumer, Individual Rights, Education, Elder Law, Employment, Health, Immigration, Public Benefits, Real Estate, Torts.