Complaint Review: potato express

• Updated: Fri, November 22, 2013

• Reported By: terry — INDIO California
potato express
400 returns road,Wallingford CT 06494 wallingford, Connecticut USA

potato express ordered 1 potato express, another one was for free, 10.00 i got the 2 but they charged me 25.98 plus shipping which was supposed to free if i ordered right away. so total was $42.04 wallingford Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: I went back to the site and found this under their "Customer Service" link...

*Consumer Comment: Here's what I found on their order page...

I ordered 1 potato express item advertised on TV  for $10.00 and an extra one for free no shipping charges.

I got the 2   and was billed for both  which was $25.98.  also billed $13.98 for shipping.  total came to $2.04.

I would like to send them back but there is no information on how to do it.  or also how they will refund my money onto my credit card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2013 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/potato-express/wallingford-Connecticut-06494/potato-express-ordered-1-potato-express-another-one-was-for-free-1000-i-got-the-2-but-1101561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on potato express

I went back to the site and found this under their "Customer Service" link...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Guess you missed this.

Customer Service
Ontel is committed to providing the  best products and friendliest customer service. If you should have any questions  about ordering or a question about any of our great products, please feel free  to contact us from the information provided below.
Ontel Products  Corporation  21 Law Dr. 1st Floor Fairfield, NJ 07004
Customer  Service Hours: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM EST

If you have questions about your order, please contact us at 1-877-883-9082 or via e-mail at potatoexpress@customerstatus.com
CHECK ORDER STATUS:  www.customerstatus.com

Looks like good information to me.

Here's what I found on their order page...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

OFFER DETAILS: For a limited time only, Potato Express is just $10.00 plus $6.99 shipping and handling, and, with today’s special offer, we will include the recipe guide and FREE Super Slicer as our gifts to you.  The best part is, when you order today, we will double your order for FREE, Get a Second Potato Express & recipe book just pay the separate shipping and handling of $6.99. We are so confident you’ll love Potato Express that we back it with a 30 day money back guarantee.  If you find Potato Express is not for you, simply return it in 30 days, and we’ll give you a refund, no questions asked.

Just below the above info, it says a $1 WSF (Web Service Fee) is added.
I have no clue how you were charged..."got the 2   and was billed for both  which was $25.98.  also billed $13.98 for shipping.  total came to $2.04."  $25.98 + $13.98
= 39.96, NOT $2.04.

I came up with this: $10.00 + $1.00 x 2 + $6.99 x 2 = $25.98.