Complaint Review: potential predators

• Submitted: Sat, September 08, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, October 06, 2012

• Reported By: Sean Hatter — Lafayette Louisiana United States of America
potential predators

potential predators Attempted to extort $100 from me for no illegal activity , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Drives me up the wall of the audacity of this stupid website

*General Comment: potentialpredators.com = extortion scam

*Consumer Comment: Further Information

This site emailed me telling me that they were going to put my email on their site for some reason. They then asked for $100 to remove my name. If their site had real sexual predators, they should not be allowed to remove the names for money. I will not be extorted with no evidence.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2012 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/potential-predators/internet/potential-predators-Attempted-to-extort-100-from-me-for-no-illegal-activity-Internet-938502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on potential predators

Drives me up the wall of the audacity of this stupid website

AUTHOR: Helpful Nurse - (United States of America)

Sorry for the long title, but that's what this is, I recieved an email report not to long ago about the same thing, and I am not happy that I have been targeted by this false website, and I can not stand their legal disclaimer, and I do not know how a judge would accept that, when you have to have a "web editor" take down your name for a fee, but it's free to defame someone supposedly on that website? I don't think any non employee of potential predators posts their, I think it's all potential predators staff.etc. that post their add's after looking through craigslist personal adds, and other such websites. But it's interesting, I bet if their was a hit counter on the website, it would be only the people falsely accused for looking at that website. Well if anyone is going to file a class action law suit, definetly count me in!!!, I will sing on stage to see that website shut down, and the perpetrator's taken to jail.

#2 General Comment

potentialpredators.com = extortion scam

AUTHOR: Dan1999 - (United States of America)

I agree 100% with the other responses about this company. They send you an email threatening you that unless you send them $99, your family, friends (Google, Yahoo, basically search engines), will list you as a "potential predator."  Well guess what, everyone is a 'potential.'

This site needs to be shut down immediately because they are slandering names and extorting some gullible browsers.  I will be writing the DA of Los Angeles, Consumer Affairs, and the California State Attorney General. I encourage every other potential victim to take action as well.

Further Information

AUTHOR: madhawk110 - (United States of America)

I've been targeted by this heinous scam on this website as well.  I've done some research, the domain name was registered through Fundacion Private WhoIs.  Here's their email address: info@privatewhois.net  I strongly recommend you contact them as well.  They could pull the entire site down via the domain with the questionable content.  I will be contacting my lawyer inthe morning to discuss the proper course of action on this as well.